+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right to Enter Canada

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
She is from Trinidad..

We submitted what they requested for. And yes we did send in itenary email "screen shot" for booked travel where we did not have Boarding (Boarding passes we have dont show year).

We working on more docs. OHIP Billing records, and some financial statements. I wonder if Bill paid once a month cover for a whole month of being present? incase we need it. It seems like she will need these things for PR Card renewal once she gets back.

Just to be clear:

Both of you are Permanent Residents? And you meet the residency obligations (that is, both of you have spent 730 days in Canada in the last five years)? And you have tax documents that prove this?

In that case, don't worry about it too much. It may take a few days, but her chances of not getting the PRTD are very very low. It might just be a case of the Embassy being backlogged. But your wife has the absolute right to come back to Canada if she has maintained her residency obligations.

MisterP

Mar 14, 2019
Im born Canadian Citizen. She is Canadian Permanent Resident.
She at time of application in Jan 2019 has over 1600 calculated days physically in Canada since 5 years prior.

They asked for NOA, Summaries or Reports for taxes for years from 2014.

She provided NOA for:

Couldn't find NOA for 2015 so for thst year, she provided Tax Report Summary (H&R Block), Child Tax Benifits and other Tax Activity forms she received from CRA.
She is in Trinidad tried to access these tax history records by trying to create the CRA online account but there was a problem with that online service which caused a securuty lockout of the account she was trying to create.

We are going to try to send in consent form giving them permission to access CRA tax filing history.

We have recently received responses for local MP and Lawyer who has our information. MP Says she can call IRCC. Not sure what thetly can do or what they normally do.

Thanks for your reply..

Pamela123

Mar 17, 2019
I’m a Pr who doesn’t meet RO. Based on what I have read. I can enter without a Pr card or PRTD at the Poe even though I’m inadmissible? And not by plane?
Also my husband and three kids are coming with me but they are not Pr...how will they be able to entry?
Please some advice... I really want to go back to Canada
I haven’t met the Ro because my parents brought me to Argentina as a minor ( I never knew about me being a Pr of Canada that is why in my 35 years of age , I found my landing immigrant document in my parents house)
Right away I decided I must come back (I didn’t try before because I was struggling to make a living here..but no more.. I want to go to Canada

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I’m a Pr who doesn’t meet RO. Based on what I have read. I can enter without a Pr card or PRTD at the Poe even though I’m inadmissible? And not by plane?
Also my husband and three kids are coming with me but they are not Pr...how will they be able to entry?
Please some advice... I really want to go back to Canada
I haven’t met the Ro because my parents brought me to Argentina as a minor ( I never knew about me being a Pr of Canada that is why in my 35 years of age , I found my landing immigrant document in my parents house)
Right away I decided I must come back (I didn’t try before because I was struggling to make a living here..but no more.. I want to go to Canada
Your attempt to enter will almost certainly trigger a revocation of your PR status via a Residency Determination.

You're saying it's been at least 20 years since you were in Canada. This isn't a case of someone missing an RO by a few weeks or even a few months. You haven't been here for decades.

Your husband and children will need a visitor visa to enter Canada. Even if you were allowed in, they most definitely will not be allowed in without a visitor visa.

In my opinion, it may be best for you to formally renounce your PR and then go through the process of applying again under any program that fits your circumstances.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
And can I do this living in Canada ?
Are you talking about renouncing and applying again? If so, no. Once you renounce, you will have no right of entry to Canada since your permanent residency will be taken away.

Realistically speaking, if you still plan to enter Canada at a POE, since you do not have a PR card or PRTD (if you do not plan on applying for one), you most certainly will be pulled into secondary and will be reported for RO violation. The chance that you would win an appeal is extremely slim to none due to your age. Also, your spouse and children will have no right to enter Canada and will most likely be refused entry even if they acquire visitor visas so if you choose to stay in Canada while on appeal, you will be away from them for the duration.

Reactions: Buletruck

Pamela123

Mar 17, 2019
Are you talking about renouncing and applying again? If so, no. Once you renounce, you will have no right of entry to Canada since your permanent residency will be taken away.

Realistically speaking, if you still plan to enter Canada at a POE, since you do not have a PR card or PRTD (if you do not plan on applying for one), you most certainly will be pulled into secondary and will be reported for RO violation. The chance that you would win an appeal is extremely slim to none due to your age. Also, your spouse and children will have no right to enter Canada and will most likely be refused entry even if they acquire visitor visas so if you choose to stay in Canada while on appeal, you will be away from them for the duration.
Thank you

NNN123451

May 2, 2016
Hello ,
My parents visa card is expiring soon and they are not meeting their RO, can they be stopped at Canada airport, please help!!!