+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

swper

Oct 19, 2012
Hi all,

I have got an email from the embassy to pay my Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). So, I'm in Canada and I have to get a bank draft for ‘Receiver General for Canada’. Because I am paying in CAD instead of my local currency. (According to the immigration site).

Then, I need mail the bank draft to the local embassy branch in my country.

So, my concern is whether they (embassy) can cash or deposit the bank draft, since, I paid it using Canadian $.

Please send me your opinion.

Regards

swper

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
swper said:
I have got an email from the embassy to pay my Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). So, I'm in Canada and I have to get a bank draft for ‘Receiver General for Canada'. Because I am paying in CAD instead of my local currency. (According to the immigration site).

Then, I need mail the bank draft to the local embassy branch in my country.

So, my concern is whether they (embassy) can cash or deposit the bank draft, since, I paid it using Canadian $.

Please send me your opinion.
I actually got a money order from Canada Post (for my first RPRF) and send that to a foreign VO without problems last time. They may just send it back to Canada and have it deposited here in Canada, but they'll mark your RPRF paid on your file.

Sounds like your application is almost finalized. Congratulations!

Michalie

Oct 8, 2012
I paid this online, easy process via visa. Then I faxed the receipt to both inland office and embassy in foreign country. Next day passport request ;)

DylB

Oct 13, 2016
How did you guys pay this. I am battling to find out how to pay it as there is no option for online payment.