+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Landing Fee? Please help!

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Recently, I have received a request for my passport from the New York visa office for my federal skilled worker PR application.

When I got a medical request in April, I also enclosed a bank draft for Right of Permanent Resident Fee of $490.00, which I confirmed with the issuing bank to be cashed in May.

However, after I sent the passport to the NY office and they received it, the visa office sent me an email telling me the Right of Permanent Resident Fee is outstanding.
In my response, I attached copies of the original bank draft as well as a signed official letter from the issuing bank which tells the date the bank draft was cashed.

Today, I got another email from the same immigration officer. This message now tells me NY office is stil pending the Right of Landing Fee.

Now I'm so confused.. I did some research on the web and found there used to be the Right of Landing Fee which is $975 is no longer applicable.

My question is, as far as I understand, for a skilled worker principal applicant we only need to pay $550 + $490, is this correct? I submitted my application back in 2009, and certainly paid all of these fees.

Or is there still such as thing as Right of Landing Fee?
Does anyone has the same experience? Could anyone please advice me what I should do?
Now I’m worried my application won’t go through……

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Update as for everyone's info (in case anyone gets in the same situation), the the NY visa office indeed cashed my bank draft but lost the record. I told them the bank issued the bank draft and date when the draft was cashed, and they eventually found out the $490 fee was paid.

It seems they have issue with receiving Gmail. To first reply to their message, I replied from my Gmail account and included bank letter telling when bank draft was cashed - it seems they didn't receive it.

I waited for 3 weeks after my first reply - I was wondering why taking so long and no reply, no wonder because they didn't receive it. After 3 weeks, they phone called me and told they haven't received my reply. Then I suspected Gmail is filtered out, so I used my work email to reply and got reply to the same address next morning.

So if any problem arises and in case you need to communicate with NY visa office via email, keep in mind some message may be filtered out.
PS: I also used FAX to send the exactly the same information as the first message, but appearently they didn't get the FAX message either. I'm doubting if they ever check fax messages.

recycled

Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
IELTS Request
With Submission
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
Thanks, that was good information. I'm wondering about the Right of Landing fee as well. I'd better get some confirmation from them and the bank because I won't be contactable for a while.

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Agreed, but I doubt they will confirm to you for the receipt of bank draft unless an issue arises.
But you can always check with your bank, and ask for a letter if needed.

At the end of the day, I found it'd be probably safer to not include payment with medical, and better off to send along with the passport. No need to mention about uncertintiy at the stage of medical request.

And better avoid free mail (Gmail, hotmail etc) when replying to a visa officer.

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
Have u mentioned ur name and file no. at the back of DD at the time of sending .
Now pl. send th details of DD its no. ,issuing bank,date of issue ,and withdrawal date from the bank

recycled

Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
IELTS Request
With Submission
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
I did check with the bank(yes it was encashed), two days after that i got the request for passport in my gmail :)
Less than two weeks turnaround after payment for rights of landing. That was quick!

hiro133 said:
Agreed, but I doubt they will confirm to you for the receipt of bank draft unless an issue arises.
But you can always check with your bank, and ask for a letter if needed.

At the end of the day, I found it'd be probably safer to not include payment with medical, and better off to send along with the passport. No need to mention about uncertintiy at the stage of medical request.

And better avoid free mail (Gmail, hotmail etc) when replying to a visa officer.

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
You were lucky man .. my case took a long to process. I haven't evey got my passport back yet after 'Decision made' :(