+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RFV for inland applicant

ann_mushroom

Jul 21, 2022
Hi all,

I received the RFV letter two days ago, but I'm currently in Canada, which means that I don't need to mail my passport to a visa application center. IRCC requested a photocopy of my passport online and told me that I should fill out their webform within 5 days to let them know my status in Canada. The thing is that IRCC never replies and I believe they still have my old address on file despite my incessant attempts to change the address via their webforms. I tried calling IRCC for several days and I could never get through. I was advised to call my local MP, but I believe he is harder reach than IRCC... What should I do? I fear that I would miss their deadlines...

Thanks!

July2019

Dec 12, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
File Transfer...
18-03-2020
Hi all,

I received the RFV letter two days ago, but I'm currently in Canada, which means that I don't need to mail my passport to a visa application center. IRCC requested a photocopy of my passport online and told me that I should fill out their webform within 5 days to let them know my status in Canada. The thing is that IRCC never replies and I believe they still have my old address on file despite my incessant attempts to change the address via their webforms. I tried calling IRCC for several days and I could never get through. I was advised to call my local MP, but I believe he is harder reach than IRCC... What should I do? I fear that I would miss their deadlines...

Thanks!
Hi, I have same problem. Can you please explain how many day after submitted webform?

ssi

Apr 20, 2023
Hi all,

Thanks!
Hi, Can you please let me know how you resolved this issue?

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Can anybody tell us how this was resolved? I am inland and the same thing has happened to me twice. HELPPPP?

anaiquen232

Dec 7, 2023
Dealing with immigration matters can be stressful, but there are steps you can take to address your situation. Here's a guide on what you can do:

1. Submit the Photocopy Online:
    • Follow the instructions given by IRCC to submit the photocopy of your passport online. Ensure you provide the required information accurately.
  2. Attempt to Contact IRCC:
    • Keep trying to contact IRCC through the official channels. Persistence is often necessary when dealing with government agencies. You can try calling during non-peak hours to increase your chances of getting through.
  3. Use Multiple Communication Channels:
    • Try reaching out through various communication channels. In addition to calling, you may want to send emails or use any available online messaging systems provided by IRCC.
  4. Document Your Attempts:
    • Keep a record of your attempts to contact IRCC. Note the dates and times of your calls or emails. This documentation may be useful in case you need to prove that you made reasonable efforts to comply with their instructions.
  5. Contact Your Local MP:
    • If you are having difficulty reaching IRCC, consider reaching out to your local Member of Parliament (MP). MPs often have staff dedicated to helping constituents with government-related issues. You can find your MP's contact information on the official government website.
  6. Visit a Local IRCC Office (if available):
    • If there is a local IRCC office in your area, consider visiting in person. Bring all relevant documents and explain your situation to the staff.
  7. Seek Legal Advice (if necessary):
    • If you're unable to get the necessary assistance, you may want to consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant. They can provide guidance on your specific situation and help ensure you meet the deadlines.
  8. Follow Up Regularly:
    • Even if you've submitted the photocopy online, continue to follow up with IRCC to ensure that they have received the necessary documents and that your file is being processed.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi all,

I received the RFV letter two days ago, but I'm currently in Canada, which means that I don't need to mail my passport to a visa application center. IRCC requested a photocopy of my passport online and told me that I should fill out their webform within 5 days to let them know my status in Canada. The thing is that IRCC never replies and I believe they still have my old address on file despite my incessant attempts to change the address via their webforms volleyball team leak. I tried calling IRCC for several days and I could never get through. I was advised to call my local MP, but I believe he is harder reach than IRCC... What should I do? I fear that I would miss their deadlines...

Thanks!
Navigating immigration processes can be challenging, especially when facing issues with communication. Here are some steps you can consider:

1. Webform Submission: Fill out the webform as instructed by IRCC within the given timeframe. Clearly mention your current status in Canada and explain the situation regarding your address change. Keep a copy of the submitted form for your records.
  2. Address Update: Continue attempting to update your address through the online systems. Persistence can be key, so keep trying or explore alternative methods to update your information.
  3. Email Communication: Try reaching out to IRCC via email. You can often find contact information on their official website. Clearly explain your situation, reference your application or file number, and request confirmation of your address change.
  4. Contact Local Canadian Embassy/Consulate: Consider reaching out to the local Canadian embassy or consulate in Canada. They may provide guidance or connect you with the appropriate department to resolve your concerns.
  5. Seek Assistance from Local Services: Explore local services or organizations that assist newcomers or individuals dealing with immigration matters. They might have experience navigating these issues and could offer advice or assistance.
  6. Document Everything: Keep detailed records of all communication attempts, including dates and times. This documentation can be valuable if you need to demonstrate your efforts to IRCC later.
  7. Contact Your Local MP: While it may seem challenging, attempting to contact your local Member of Parliament (MP) could be worthwhile. They may have channels to communicate with government agencies on behalf of constituents.
  8. Consider Legal Advice: If your concerns persist and deadlines approach, consider seeking legal advice. Immigration lawyers or consultants can guide you on the best course of action and may have additional avenues to explore.
Remember that patience and persistence are crucial in dealing with bureaucratic processes. It's essential to continue making efforts to reach IRCC through various channels. If all else fails, seeking professional advice or assistance could be your next step.