+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revival of PR

katolli

Jul 1, 2019
A friend and her spouse got their PR in March 2005 and their son in 2007 but left due as her father who was physically handicapped became terminally ill due to his Cirrhosis condition and needed blood transfusion every month (he died in 2012). Friend was employed with Jet airways which ply the route between Canada and India which ceased operations in April.

Can the friend re-apply for their PR through H&C grounds as they failed to complete their residency obligations

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The father passed seven years ago, what would the H/C basis be ? What does Jet Airways ceasing operation have to do with your friend being in compliance with their R/O ?

Last edited:

katolli

Jul 1, 2019
Maybe I should rephrase my question... can the person re-apply for their PR adding a H&C component to their application explaining why they left Canada, why they should be allowed to return, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Maybe I should rephrase my question... can the person re-apply for their PR adding a H&C component to their application explaining why they left Canada, why they should be allowed to return, etc.
They would have to have H&C reasons for the entire time and have established themselves is Canada. This doesn’t seem to be the case in this situation.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just adding to what already has been said , Well the first question might be why they did not apply in 2012 when the reason they had for returning to home country was no longer a reason.

They can always take their chances a come back via the US land border and hope they do not get reported other than that as others have implied H&C reasons seem unlikely given time that has passed since 2012.

Jet airways going bust would be irrelevant given who someone works for is a personal choice and not really relevant to why they could not have tried 2012. Note if this was leading to a financial reason for H&C that would not work.

Suggest they face up to fact too much time has gone by, renounce their PR and apply from scratch

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck