+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

reviews

back.bencher

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
please suggest among these two which is best for international business management (UG)
1.University of Regina
2.University of Prince Edward Island???
REgards in advance

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
back.bencher said:
please suggest among these two which is best for international business management (UG)
1.University of Regina
REgards in advance
Hi,

I'm not sure on credibility of the universities.

If you are aiming for PR/Job then i would suggest Univ of Regina which has better option for PR.

All the Best.

tiger007

Champion Member
back.bencher said:
1.University of Regina
REgards in advance

Hi,

Univ. of Regina is ranked higher in most of overall general Univ. rankings.
http://www.4icu.org/ca/
http://www.university-list.net/canada/rank/univ-090004.html

But, If you consider only UG studies, then Univ. of Prince Edward Island is much much higher ranked and more reputed for it's UG programmes.
http://www.university-list.net/canada/rank/univ-090003.html
(here Univ. of PEI is ranked 8th in whole of Canada for UG education, while Univ. of Regina is nowhere on the list).

However, these rankings are not solid..and are for reference purpose and thus indicative in nature.

Even though after pursuing the 4 years BBA programmes in both the universities, offering similar concentrations (including IB)... and you will be eligible for 3 years PGWP.. yet currently the Saskatchewan province offer much friendly immigration rules for students...still this is not a 1 or 2 years course..but of 4 long years. So, no one can know..what will be the exact immigration rules for students in Sask. province or as a matter of fact in any other province.

So.. to opt for the better university...better programme should be your main objective.. one preferably with option of co-op/internship... which will give you adequate Canadian work ex while learning on the job..as well as a chance to build up your resume.. as with good grades, co-op work done and overall performance from a good univ... find a skilled job... and coupled with a 3 years PGWP in future..you will have more than enough time to pursue immigration.

Both Univ of regina and Univ. of PEI offer's 4 years BBA with co-op option ( IB as well as other specialization).
http://www.uregina.ca/careercentre/coop/for-employers/programs/business.html
http://www.upei.ca/programsandcourses/co-operative-education

Although..Univ of PEI is higher ranked for UG education... Sask. as a growing province has comparatively more job opportunities. But again.. can't be said what will happen after 4 years.
So..it's really upto you... to choose. You may choose on the basis of univ rankings/online univ. reviews, programme reviews, contacting current students, researching about the place/location of the univ, on the basis of lower tuition fees and cost of living, part time job opportunities and full time job opportunities in vacations... or any other set of factors.

Best of Luck.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

back.bencher

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Thnx TIGER for your views i am going for may session and will get my LOA in next week from 1 of these uni's.
Wat are the Visa chances for these Uni's??

tiger007

Champion Member
back.bencher said:
Thnx TIGER for your views i am going for may session and will get my LOA in next week from 1 of these uni's.
Wat are the Visa chances for these Uni's??
Hi,

No one can predict the "chances".
However, if you prove that you are a genuine student, with a goal to study and fully commited to learn for next 4 years... show adequate proof of funds... coupled wth your previous academic record and background play a major role in the decesion making process for the study permit.

Hopefully, you will get admsiion in both the universities.

Best of Luck.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
University of Regina for sure!!!

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my experience, university "rankings" are just marketing farces for schools to attract more students. All publicly funded universities abide by the educational standards set by the province they are in. So in terms of the level of education you recieve, it will pretty much be the same between universities in the same province. for e.g., in BC you have UBC, UVIC, SFU, TRU that are public universities. The education quality you get in all will be pretty much the same. where it does matter is the resources available to the students in terms of co-op, networking opportunities and post graduate job hunting.

some have better resources than others. For e.g. UBC has better co-op opportunities and more networking opportunities for students than say, TRU. there is no ranking system like in India (IIT vs some regular engineering college) in terms of guaranteeing a job just because you went to a particular university. You get jobs based on your skills and experience, universities can only provide you means but nobody can guarantee.

also to consider, the programs available differ at each university. so if you find a program that suits your goals better at Univ of PEI, why go to U of R just because it is better known?

My suggestion is, stay clear of private universities, aim for public universities, look for your program first, then decide between universities if you have a choice.

imade ishaya

Apr 9, 2012
What do u think of VIU. Vancouver island university

just_do_it said:
In my experience, university "rankings" are just marketing farces for schools to attract more students. All publicly funded universities abide by the educational standards set by the province they are in. So in terms of the level of education you recieve, it will pretty much be the same between universities in the same province. for e.g., in BC you have UBC, UVIC, SFU, TRU that are public universities. The education quality you get in all will be pretty much the same. where it does matter is the resources available to the students in terms of co-op, networking opportunities and post graduate job hunting.

some have better resources than others. For e.g. UBC has better co-op opportunities and more networking opportunities for students than say, TRU. there is no ranking system like in India (IIT vs some regular engineering college) in terms of guaranteeing a job just because you went to a particular university. You get jobs based on your skills and experience, universities can only provide you means but nobody can guarantee.

also to consider, the programs available differ at each university. so if you find a program that suits your goals better at Univ of PEI, why go to U of R just because it is better known?

My suggestion is, stay clear of private universities, aim for public universities, look for your program first, then decide between universities if you have a choice.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imade ishaya said:
What do u think of VIU. Vancouver island university
It's a university...used to be a college, then became a university college, now a full fledged university.

It's just in a small town (a beautiful small town), so job opportunities (pre/ post grad) may not be as much as say vancouver. But for getting an education, its probably just as good as any other universities.

However, if you want a whole education package with a degree, networking/ job opportunities, part time work etc. than you will probably want to look for a university in a bigger city like vancouver.

But if you just want a degree, VIU is just as good as any other college/ university out there.