+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Reviewing your eligibility" For Study Visa

AFL10

Aug 17, 2022
I'm applying for a study visa. On June 17 started the application- June 27 biometrics - August 17 the process changed to "reviewing your eligibility and medical exams" but I havent been notified to do my med exam yet. What does it mean?
When they're going to ask for medical exams?
After submitting them, how long until they ask me for my passport and return it?

I'm starting classes on Aug 29 in Vancouver

I am from Ecuador

Please help me out

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm applying for a study visa. On June 17 started the application- June 27 biometrics - August 17 the process changed to "reviewing your eligibility and medical exams" but I havent been notified to do my med exam yet. What does it mean?
After submitting them, how long until they ask me for my passport and return it?

I am from Ecuador

Please help me out
Processing is at least 12 weeks. If you haven’t even done the medical and it is required, there is no way you will get a decision by the 29th.

AFL10

Aug 17, 2022
Processing is at least 12 weeks. If you haven’t even done the medical and it is required, there is no way you will get a decision by the 29th.
The agency which is helping me with the process told me that I have to do the medical exams after, not upfront. I want to know how long they take to ask me for them

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The agency which is helping me with the process told me that I have to do the medical exams after, not upfront. I want to know how long they take to ask me for them
Have you contacted your school about the possibility of deferring? Getting an answer to start this term doesn’t seem realistic

Georgita

Jul 13, 2022

I am from Ecuador

Please help me out
Processing is at least 12 weeks from biometric update. I applied on Apr 27 and am still waiting for medical request. My eligibility check started on Aug 2.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Why can't you do them upfront? I've read a lot of cases where people do them upfront without any issues.

Note that the processing time starts from when you have completed biometrics and medicals (EDITED: apparently, just biometrics).

Last edited:

urenama

Jul 29, 2022

I am from Ecuador

Please help me out
Hi, AFL10! by any chance the agency is called immiland?

Georgita

Jul 13, 2022
Why can't you do them upfront? I've read a lot of cases where people do them upfront without any issues.

Note that the processing time starts from when you have completed biometrics and medicals.
Note; processing time starts from completed biometrics.

Study permit outside Canada

12 weeks
You may need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) with your application.
This processing time does not include:
  • the time it takes to send an application between a visa application centre (VAC) and our office
  • the time you need to give your biometrics