+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review required on gcms note -- job experience calculation

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hey folks,

I need some insights and suggestions on a really bizarre RR shown on my note (FSW-US based, NOC 4012).

Before ITA I personally calculated my job experience based on other senior members' method on this forum and it turned out I had more than 3 years of work experience. The note supports my calculation as it shows my job reference letters add up to 3 yrs and 3 months. However, when the officer calculated my score he/she docked 25 points as treating my experience less than 3 yrs. The assessments are pasted as follows.

Officer review employment documents regarding calculations for hours/days. Additional employment lines added to note manually as over 10 entries of employment docs. M13 A11: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: REVIEW REQUIRED FSW points total: 70 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 459 CRS score at application (APR): 472 Total CRS Points Assessed:447 / Verified CRS score: 447
-- I'll just cut off the details and jump to the conclusion since I have 18 letters in total --
CRS Foreign Work: 3 yrs, 3 mth(s)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 11 FSW Points
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears to Meet

My IELTS score are R9 L8.5 W7 S7 so I believe I can claim 50 points for my foreign work experience. In terms of job evidence, I've sent all the letters according to their requirements alongside official letter from HR. I don't have payslips or such things to show my monthly earning since it is not available for on-campus jobs at my university. But I do have tax files to submit as extra evidence.
Also two side observations: 1) I skimmed through the history section and found the most recent status of eligibility review is not started since I requested a change of marital status. Prior to that the "New Value" were "Passed - Candidate", "Calculation In Progress", and "Calculate". I don't understand why they passed it then went for recalculation again. 2) My order was delayed for 90 days extension and I received it on around the 110th day since my order. I'm wondering if the note really tells my most updated status.

Thank you guys for reading such a long post...I would really appreciate any comments and please let me know any important details I missed from the note.

VA21202

Mar 8, 2020
Hey @wdvrdx111! Thanks for sharing this. I am in a similar situation and glad that I finally found a post somewhat similar to my experience. I'm also US based, AOR Oct 2, 2019 and was wondering if you had any updates? What did you do after this? In my case I lost 25 points since I was 3 months short of 3 years. The officer marked review required due to the letter for the first job (2 years long). It actually didn't have a job description in the main letter since that company only provided personnel data. I had attached a former manager letter to share job description but that had dates which were slightly inconsistent so I think that ticked the officer off. I finally got a new letter in today and submitted as a webform just now. Additionally, I found out full-time paid internships can be counted if they're in the same NOC so got a letter for that and added as well since that was exactly 3 months long too. Hope one of these works and bumps me up. Any idea if folks have been bumped up by submitting updated documents after RR? Would love to hear your updates. Thanks!

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hey @wdvrdx111! Thanks for sharing this. I am in a similar situation and glad that I finally found a post somewhat similar to my experience. I'm also US based, AOR Oct 2, 2019 and was wondering if you had any updates? What did you do after this? In my case I lost 25 points since I was 3 months short of 3 years. The officer marked review required due to the letter for the first job (2 years long). It actually didn't have a job description in the main letter since that company only provided personnel data. I had attached a former manager letter to share job description but that had dates which were slightly inconsistent so I think that ticked the officer off. I finally got a new letter in today and submitted as a webform just now. Additionally, I found out full-time paid internships can be counted if they're in the same NOC so got a letter for that and added as well since that was exactly 3 months long too. Hope one of these works and bumps me up. Any idea if folks have been bumped up by submitting updated documents after RR? Would love to hear your updates. Thanks!
Hey, sorry about your situation and I feel so much for you. In my case, it might be only a miscalculation issue or out of hesitation to finalize my eligibility review due to a total of 18 reference letters (which is way much more than usual). And it took me almost 6 months to have a pass taking into account the pandemic. I would suggest keeping calm and patient and responding to any ADR asap. Good luck!

VA21202

Mar 8, 2020
Thanks @wdvrdx111! Appreciate the feedback. So just to be clear, you didn't do anything to bump your score back to 472 from 447 and it automatically got bumped up over time? Can you share the duration between the date the officer noted score going down to 447 and the date the eligibility passed? That'll help me get a sense of process. Thanks again!

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Thanks @wdvrdx111! Appreciate the feedback. So just to be clear, you didn't do anything to bump your score back to 472 from 447 and it automatically got bumped up over time? Can you share the duration between the date the officer noted score going down to 447 and the date the eligibility passed? That'll help me get a sense of process. Thanks again!
Yes, I did nothing to bump up my score other than writing a complaint letter via webform. Maybe that worked? And it took me around 6 months to remove RR on my eligibility. Again, it should have not been that long if we live in a parallel 2020 without the COVID 19...

VA21202

Mar 8, 2020
Cool, awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for. Of course we'll never know if that helped or not, but seems like it's always good to be proactive with a letter or so based on what I'm seeing in the forum. Thanks so much for sharing that!

Reactions: wdvrdx111

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
Hey, sorry about your situation and I feel so much for you. In my case, it might be only a miscalculation issue or out of hesitation to finalize my eligibility review due to a total of 18 reference letters (which is way much more than usual). And it took me almost 6 months to have a pass taking into account the pandemic. I would suggest keeping calm and patient and responding to any ADR asap. Good luck!
Hello buddy, was your employer contacted following all the docs you attached?