+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review of submitted documents hasn't changed in 3 months.

novocaine

May 4, 2012
Hello Canucks-to-be!

I applied late May, and got a request for a form to be filled early June(due to me being denied entry to one of the countries I intended to visit. I sent that on the same day, and the 'Review of submitted documents' status was updated to 'Provided'
The full app status is below:

- Application/profile status: Open
- Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
- Review of medical results: Passed
- Review of submitted documents: Provided
- Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
- A background check is needed: Not needed at this time
- Final decision: Not Started

That was early June, and since then, nothing has changed. I tried to get an update through ECAS, but I get this message
'We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

- Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
- This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet..................'

Now I understand that the six months average processing time starts the moment CIC deems the application package complete. Does 'Provided' mean they deem it complete? The page says that 'Provided means that we are reviewing documents that have been submitted to see if they are the documents we asked for.'

Should I be worried that the status has not been changed from Provided, and call CIC? What time frame should I expect?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
I think the status becomes 'Provided' once you have successfully uploaded all the required/requested documents, and then, it remains the same.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
You can request your GCMS notes to get an idea of what's going on with your file.

minyoo

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September, 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
July 2016
Interview........
Bckgrnd in progress ... Nov 2016
Just wondering if Review of submitted documents status changed ever to something else?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
minyoo said:
Just wondering if Review of submitted documents status changed ever to something else?
Nope. It does not. I submitted multiple documents in the past 13 months, and provided is what stays all along. Only GCMS will give you more details, but since you haven't heard from them, everything is probably fine.