+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review of eligibility not updated

prats07

Jul 28, 2021
Medical not required. I submitted my application, did my biometrics, then nothing. Eligibility review doesn't even show as started, although apparently that is normal for some visa offices.

I obtained my GCMS notes dated July 7th and they hadn't even started on the file.
When did you applied for GCMS and when did you get it?

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Applied for GCMS notes on 25th of May.
Received email on 25th of June saying there is a delay due Covid.
Received GCMS notes on 14th of July, with the report dated 7th of July.

Notes showed that eligibility review had not started.

Last edited:
Reactions: prats07

Johnson112

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
No eligibility yet, cases are rising in India, I don't want to be stuck in another lockdown. I have already put down my papers, its a difficult time for all of us,it would be great, if we could get our responses in the 8-week timeline IRCC mentioned.
does the eligibility and ppl come in the same day or different days?

SMTM85

Oct 29, 2021
not me but my sister. she applied may 5, gave biometrics may14. no further updates. medical not yet requested (mexico visa office). our only consolation is that rejections usually come faster lol
Hello , I’m from Honduras also.
If you don’t mind me asking .
When you say ...Mexican visa office . Did your sister apply online or paper? I haven’t received the medical exams request .
I submitted my application in August 24 and Biometrics in September 13.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hello , I’m from Honduras also.
If you don’t mind me asking .
When you say ...Mexican visa office . Did your sister apply online or paper? I haven’t received the medical exams request .
I submitted my application in August 24 and Biometrics in September 13.
Applied online. Most apps from central america are processed in Mexico regarldess if online or in paper (although the VFS office is not taking paper apps) .

Given you submitted biometrics on sept 13, i dont think its that crazy yet.
My sister's app took almost 3 months after biometrics (but this was in a time where they had promised to be done fast for the fall semester).

Are you january intake? Where are you going?

dxtni

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
Hello, I have given my biometrics on June 21 and it's updated on the same day in the Ircc portal. I passed my medicals on June 18.
However, my review of eligibility has not started yet. I have seen people getting the change of status in the review of eligibility from 'not started' to 'reviewing'.
Could someone throw some light on this ROF of mine?
Yo its been a while. Can you share the Timeline now?

anu_8118

Apr 5, 2023
Hi , my background verification is completed but review of eligibility not started. How long does it take to get final decision?