+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reunite with minor child

Florasu

Aug 22, 2018
Dear all,

My son is currently studying in BC. He's in grade 11 this year.
I applied visit visa to visit to him in December 2021 and was rejected. The reason are as below.

1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

I'm Myanmar Nationality and currently I'm working in Singapore. I been working in Singapore 13 years already.
I have applied Canada student visa in 2018 and was rejected and applied visit visa in 2019 and rejected that time as well.

Should I apply visit visa again? Can I apply under " immediate family member" category?

I really miss my son:(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear all,

My son is currently studying in BC. He's in grade 11 this year.
I applied visit visa to visit to him in December 2021 and was rejected. The reason are as below.

1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

I'm Myanmar Nationality and currently I'm working in Singapore. I been working in Singapore 13 years already.
I have applied Canada student visa in 2018 and was rejected and applied visit visa in 2019 and rejected that time as well.

Should I apply visit visa again? Can I apply under " immediate family member" category?

I really miss my son:(
Did you order GCMS notes for full reasons? If so you may want to order notes before reapplying again. You need to address (if you can) reasons for refusal. You need to show ties to home country. What is your status in Singapore and when does permit expire? Officers are concerned that you will not return to your home country or Singapore if you come to Canada. Purpose of visit can mean many things - length of visit, funds, travel history etc. Given your son is in Canada, do you have family ties (other children, spouse) in Singapore or Myanmar. If not, again your ties are not strong. Given political situations in Myanmar, VOs again may be concerned you will not return. Given you have two study permit refusals too doesn't work in your favour.

How long was your visit? What were you going to do other than visit son? Do you have travel history to US, UK, AUS or NZ? When does your son finish his studies?

An option is for the two of you to meet in another country or he goes to Singapore to visit you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that your previous study permit applications shows your interest in coming to Canada longterm which also creates concerns about the purpose of your visit and whether you are truly a visitor who will return to Singapore after a visit with your son.

Reactions: Florasu

Florasu

Aug 22, 2018
Did you order GCMS notes for full reasons? If so you may want to order notes before reapplying again. You need to address (if you can) reasons for refusal. You need to show ties to home country. What is your status in Singapore and when does permit expire? Officers are concerned that you will not return to your home country or Singapore if you come to Canada. Purpose of visit can mean many things - length of visit, funds, travel history etc. Given your son is in Canada, do you have family ties (other children, spouse) in Singapore or Myanmar. If not, again your ties are not strong. Given political situations in Myanmar, VOs again may be concerned you will not return. Given you have two study permit refusals too doesn't work in your favour.

How long was your visit? What were you going to do other than visit son? Do you have travel history to US, UK, AUS or NZ? When does your son finish his studies?

An option is for the two of you to meet in another country or he goes to Singapore to visit you.
I applied GCMS notes and haven't received them yet. I'm S-pass holder and my permit will expire in 2024.
My husband also working in Singapore.
I have mentioned 2 weeks to stay in CA and enough funds (my SG Bank Statements & MM statements).
I do have travel history (Japan & Europe in 2019).
I just planning to go and see my son only. I do have any plans to go other places.
My son is in grade 11 and he will continue his grade 12 in CA as well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied GCMS notes and haven't received them yet. I'm S-pass holder and my permit will expire in 2024.
My husband also working in Singapore.
I have mentioned 2 weeks to stay in CA and enough funds (my SG Bank Statements & MM statements).
I do have travel history (Japan & Europe in 2019).
I just planning to go and see my son only. I do have any plans to go other places.
My son is in grade 11 and he will continue his grade 12 in CA as well.
Wait for GCMS. You have a visitor and two study permit refusals so no point in applying without addressing reasons (if you can). Other than 3 refusals, your biggest issue is that you don’t live in your home country. Did you include employment letter with leave and that you will return to your job? Your son could write a letter of invitation.

Officers think that your son can visit you and your husband in Singapore, home country or another country. Given processing timelines of 3 or so, may be best for him to visit you in the summer months.

Reactions: Florasu

Florasu

Aug 22, 2018
Wait for GCMS. You have a visitor and two study permit refusals so no point in applying without addressing reasons (if you can). Other than 3 refusals, your biggest issue is that you don’t live in your home country. Did you include employment letter with leave and that you will return to your job? Your son could write a letter of invitation.

Officers think that your son can visit you and your husband in Singapore, home country or another country. Given processing timelines of 3 or so, may be best for him to visit you in the summer months.
Yes, I did attach an employment letter with the approved leave form, return to work letter, and recommendation letter.
I will wait for GCMS notes and try to reapply again.
Thank you so much for your reply