+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reunification with Family members : Refusal to process TRV : Join here

Vinay4u

Aug 23, 2016
Hello All

I'm one among those many whose request to process a TRV has been refused and the application has been put on hold. Let's use this thread to share our experiences and plan our due course of action.

Regards
Vinay

Vinay4u

Aug 23, 2016
What I did :
Wrote to CPC Ottawa appealing to revisit my application. No Response yet.
Wrote to my Local MP, asking for the case to be revisited by IRCC. Response received, MP's office will try and request for the application to be revisited.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What I did :
Wrote to my Local MP, asking for the case to be revisited by IRCC. Response received, MP's office will try and request for the application to be revisited.
It is not uncommon for spouses being sponsored not to be granted PR. Your spouse seems to want to live in Canada therefore her temporary visa is being correctly denied. You MP can enquire about your case and why you were refused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What I did :
There are no appeals. Just a judicial review.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
I had applied for work permit for my spouse ( on pgwp), review of eligibility started like 4 weeks back. Upfront medical not updated still showing you do not need medical.

Kinda worried on what’s going on with the application

Vinay4u

Aug 23, 2016
It is not uncommon for spouses being sponsored not to be granted PR. Your spouse seems to want to live in Canada therefore her temporary visa is being correctly denied. You MP can enquire about your case and why you were refused.
Reason for "refusal to process application" mentioned in the letter was that she isn't Travel exempt. Which is incorrect. I've seen 3 such cases so far, and I think it's time we bring people together that are in the same boat.