Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Hi everyone,

We are moving back to Toronto in a few weeks, driving from New York. We are all Canadian citizens. I have my quarantine plan in place, so no worries there. We've already been inside since March here in NY so what's another two weeks anyway?

I am wondering about something else though. I've hired movers and have arranged for my cousin to have power of attorney so he can sign for our belongings at the customs office when it arrives to Canada, since we can't leave our house.

Once the movers bring our things to the house, because they're deemed "essential" and not subject to the quarantine, what is our obligation to them? Do we need to wait outside while they load our furniture? Can we stay inside and wear masks? Is there a potential penalty we face that maybe I'm not thinking of?

I've got everything planned out to be in compliance with the mandate but this is the one gray area that I'm just not sure about..

If anyone has any insight I'd much appreciate it!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone,

We are moving back to Toronto in a few weeks, driving from New York. We are all Canadian citizens. I have my quarantine plan in place, so no worries there. We've already been inside since March here in NY so what's another two weeks anyway?

I am wondering about something else though. I've hired movers and have arranged for my cousin to have power of attorney so he can sign for our belongings at the customs office when it arrives to Canada, since we can't leave our house.

Once the movers bring our things to the house, because they're deemed "essential" and not subject to the quarantine, what is our obligation to them? Do we need to wait outside while they load our furniture? Can we stay inside and wear masks? Is there a potential penalty we face that maybe I'm not thinking of?

I've got everything planned out to be in compliance with the mandate but this is the one gray area that I'm just not sure about..

If anyone has any insight I'd much appreciate it!
1. Personally, I would contact the moving company to see what they will do as to the delivery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really depends on the moving company and what stage we are in when they arrive. At the beginning of lockdown some lawyers refused to enter houses. Would contact your mover since they likely have their own plan.