+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Dubai after applying for citizenship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
George1978 said:
Yes you are right.They need us stay here do labor job and pay tax.

Here labor job is through agency.They take 1/3 of our pay.Then they deduct tax, ei, cpp. What I get is like $9/hour.
Have you ever considered doing an apprenticeship? Normally, you start at a higher wage than a helper and each year, you go to school for a couple of months, get EI during that time and then return to your job and make even more money. Instead of making $9 per hour for 3 years, you could have finished an apprenticeship in 3 years and had $20-30 an hour by now.

Also, if you can't get a job where you are, move along. That's Canada. Canadians often move to another city / another province for jobs.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
George1978 said:
I wish to know an information.
I completed my 3 years out of 4 years requirement for citizenship.
I wish to apply for Citizenship.After applying for Citizenship I would like to go back to Dubai and work there because here I am not able to find a decent job.

If I do that will the CIC send all my correspondence regarding citizenship to my Dubai address?

Processing time for Citizenship is 2-3 years and if they wont do that then I will be forced to stay here and do a labor job for 3 more years.

I don't have any relatives or close friends here to forward my mails.Any suggestions? Experience?
My friend, You are officially okay to apply and leave. But like every said, you might be at risk for RQ, and that is okay... Canada will always be here and your parents, once gone will be gone for ever. Serve them. Go and help them. Apply and leave. You will need to come here for the test and ceremony.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
George1978 said:
I wish to know an information.
I completed my 3 years out of 4 years requirement for citizenship.
I wish to apply for Citizenship.After applying for Citizenship I would like to go back to Dubai and work there because here I am not able to find a decent job.

If I do that will the CIC send all my correspondence regarding citizenship to my Dubai address?

Processing time for Citizenship is 2-3 years and if they wont do that then I will be forced to stay here and do a labor job for 3 more years.

I don't have any relatives or close friends here to forward my mails.Any suggestions? Experience?
Hi,
Apply for citizenship and wait for 6 months to see if your process is going smooth. You have waited this long and why not 6 more months. Agreed your parents are struggling. Visit them once during this 6 months and comeback. If every goes smooth you should be able to get your citizenship in 6 months. Also add buffer to your no of days. Do not apply 1095 days exactly.
All the best and wish everything works out for you.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never knew that the welfare is so cheap... how the people can live with that money... that's is a total disgrace for the people in need.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also hear many people complaining that the standard of living in Canada is getting down with every year and that Canada doesn't offer that much opportunities like before... I also see how the inflation is eating dramatically the money of the people but the level of salaries is pretty much the same.

The waiting list for the so called good jobs is also very long but people still have hope that one day everything will be better... but I think that we should stay more realistic and admit that Canada is nothing special.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ George1978

Please check your Inbox.
If you want you can share if you have useful and working tips here with others, so they will be able somehow to improve their situations... many people are like George1978 in this country.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
I also hear many people complaining that the standard of living in Canada is getting down with every year and that Canada doesn't offer that much opportunities like before... I also see how the inflation is eating dramatically the money of the people but the level of salaries is pretty much the same.

The waiting list for the so called good jobs is also very long but people still have hope that one day everything will be better... but I think that we should stay more realistic and admit that Canada is nothing special.
ur so negative about canada The quedtion is did Canada chained u to come here? The answer is no so instead of complaining everytime why dont u leave? Do Not speak for others Just because ur miserable dont Make others to be like u, every post u write is u crying like a little Baby

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The low CAD is the only thing that keeps me here... other than that, absolutely nothing ... I'm just saying my opinion that Canada is nothing special compared to the other developed countries.

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
I've lived in other countries to earn more money, and I can say that there is no better place to live than Canada. So, if all you're concerned about is money and some superficial dream then keep on searching. You won't find it. I value my life and citizenship here and I was born here.

My husband applied for citizenship recently. He got a pretty good job 3 months after landing, 3 years ago. Still has that job. He has only a high school education. He knows what it feels like to be hungry. He knows what it feels like to be in the middle of a war. He feels really fortunate now.

There are opportunities everywhere but don't expect anyone to hand you anything; you have to earn it. I really don't understand people who think that life is so easy here in Canada. Seems like the only ones who believe that are the drug dealers. Sorry to rant, but I love my country!

...I wish my mortgage was only $400! What a joke!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
George1978 said:
Thanks for the guidance. I will stay maximum possible .I applied for some Diploma courses(September Batch) in Canada.If I get admission and OSAP then I can stay.Other wise I have to return.I had a back injury in my last job.So its hard to do heavy labor anymore.Now all jobs available are heavy labor.May be because its winter.I don't want to do anymore of that job to survive.Its not worth.Some injuries are life long.

When my money finish I will return.I don't want to stay in this country taking welfare.

My problem was I had a mortgage on my house back home & some debts when I migrated.

I have to make $400 every month to pay my mortgage .So didn't have much choice.Had to do labor job.

Now I paid of all debts and my parents can manage our mortgage with their pension.So its time to concentrate on my career.

I was debt free,well employed and happy in 2011.But after migration to Canada in Feb 2012 life became hell.All because of my stupid decision to migrate.My company owner in Dubai was Canadian citizen(from Syria).He advised me not to migrate and told me I wont get any good jobs there.But I didn't listen. I thought he want me there so he is making story.Lot of people are working in middle east after taking citizenship in Canada.I now know the reason.

Here in factory they treat us like machines.Dubai is much better even though its still ruled by King.They give coffee /tea even to all factory workers. I don't know whether here they give free coffee/tea at office.But not in factory.

Every year 1 month vacation with pay.Every year flight tickets to home country.No tax.Transportation allowance ,House Rent Allowance etc.You get paid for weekend holidays too (not just stat holidays).I never saw any jobs here with HRA or TA.I think most of the Canadians don't even know it exists .In asia most of l jobs have HRA and TA.

In my country pension increase very much based on inflation.But in this country such amounts are going down.

I read in news that Ontario work amount is now $626 and it was $663 a month 20 years back.Inflation has increased 44 per cent in last 20 years.

Is Canada really a land of opportunities?
okay I am changing my response. Looks like its not the family anymore, you can go to Dubai and enjoy the 'factory coffee' and do not need to come back and no need for any Citizenship here. You do not deserve it.

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
My husband's friend was offered an IT job in Dubai but he decided not to take it because of family committments. His friend told him he could've made enough money to retire on in only 5 years of working in Dubai. He would've lived very comfortably on that money back in his home country, but family was more important. Land of opportunity?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
The low CAD is the only thing that keeps me here... other than that, absolutely nothing ... I'm just saying my opinion that Canada is nothing special compared to the other developed countries.
based on what you write here you sound to be those low trash from so called developed countries in ur dream , where do u get free time to write only negative? maybe ur so lonely i doubt in decent woman or man will date someone negative like you , maybe ur one those angry trash people blame immigrants on everything while sitting on ur lazy ass all day on the couch , don't pull people on ur miserable life , go back to school and get a job stop living on peoples money just u choose to be a lazy ass , people make decision , some are happier here, have families and all that matters
u have been bragging about developed country why u here? this remind me in college the guy was so angry at international students without knowing we paid 3 times than his ass, and i forgot he had no brain to finish his degree , got ditched two times , when i was there , so dear MUFC get a life , get out of the couch and take ur hands off ur pants and go find a woman or man and get a job and stop spend 100 hrs online get active.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
mimi23 said:
based on what you write here you sound to be those low trash from so called developed countries in ur dream , where do u get free time to write only negative? maybe ur so lonely i doubt in decent woman or man will date someone negative like you , maybe ur one those angry trash people blame immigrants on everything while sitting on ur lazy ass all day on the couch , don't pull people on ur miserable life , go back to school and get a job stop living on peoples money just u choose to be a lazy ass , people make decision , some are happier here, have families and all that matters
u have been bragging about developed country why u here? this remind me in college the guy was so angry at international students without knowing we paid 3 times than his ass, and i forgot he had no brain to finish his degree , got ditched two times , when i was there , so dear MUFC get a life , get out of the couch and take ur hands off ur pants and go find a woman or man and get a job and stop spend 100 hrs online get active.
you're really frustrated. the guy you referring to maintained a decent language and did not attack any of those who jumped on his opinion. i'm wondering who's really the trash here. Hmmmm.... mimi; is this a stage name?