+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada - Visa Questions.

Del

Jul 21, 2008
This forum is just what I need.

OK so heres the story. (Quick version)

Myself (UK Citizen) and Jessica (Canadian Citizen) met in a chatroom, 14 months later I decided to go over there.. when I arrived they asked how long I wanted to stay, I said 2 months (as a visitor).. the guy ended up giving me 6 months.

We lived together in our own place for that entire time, I've met her family/friends and they can prove we've been together for said time.

I arrived back in the UK yesterday morning and I'm desperate to get back there.. I've been scanning through countless pages on whats the quickest/easiest way to return.. I understand I cant go back as a visitor within the same 12 months.

So my question is, whats the easiest way back into Canada? (BC, if that makes any difference).

We've looked into a work permit, but the whole "it must be a job that canadians have a shortage on" kinda is putting me off.

We've looked into her sponsouring me, which could be done.. she meets the requirements.. but how easy is it?

I guess what i'm really asking is, is there a quick-stress-free way that I can get back there and work?

Thanks for reading.