May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My PR application is in process. I hope that my PR process including landing is complete before I fly to India in April.

I plan to go to India in April and want to return back to canada by end of april. I understand that it takes a long time to receive PR card. So, I am left with 2 options: 1) Getting a PRTD from India (which is tricky as I will be in India for a very short time) and 2) Fly to US and then drive to Canada.

I have a US B1/B2 visa so I was wondering if I fly to USA with an intent to cross the border will there be any problem by the USA officers? Also, did anyone had this experience before? What questions would the officers at US airport would ask? I will be flying to US for the first time.

Thanks, your inputs would be much appreciated.

Elitelove87

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
Celpip
Nomination.....
July-9-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
Can you do your landing in April (as long as your copr doesn't expire?) And just fly back because an airport is also a port of entry? I'm not sure but interested in this topic because I wanted to fly home then do the landing process that way?

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I plan to do landing before I leave to India in April. I cannot board a plane using the same visa as that visa is a single entry. Therefore, I am thinking to come to USA and then drive to Canada.