May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My PR application is in process. I hope that my PR process including landing is complete before I fly to India in April.

I plan to go to India in April and want to return back to canada by end of april. I understand that it takes a long time to receive PR card. So, I am left with 2 options: 1) Getting a PRTD from India (which is tricky as I will be in India for a very short time) and 2) Fly to US and then drive to Canada.

I have a US B1/B2 visa so I was wondering if I fly to USA with an intent to cross the border will there be any problem by the USA officers? Also, did anyone had this experience before? What questions would the officers at US airport would ask? I will be flying to US for the first time.

Thanks, your inputs would be much appreciated.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
According to one of the embassies, a b-1/b-2 visa can be used for transit as well:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/transit-visa.html

The US officers should have no issues with you transiting. Their concern is for things like illegal work - if you wish to leave, you won't be working. As a visitor, you're required to leave the country after your affairs are completed, so wanting to leave is not an issue.