+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returning to canada from USA as an international Pakistani student

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi,
i am an international student from Pakistan, studying at university of Regina doing my M.Eng degree(started in january 2014). i want to switch to University of Ottawa in Fall 2014. can i go out of canada for summer 2014 (May 2014 - August 2014) and come back in the month of august to start studying at university of ottawa from fall 2014 session. or do i have to stay in regina and keep studying till august and move to ottawa before september. according to university of regina rules,i can not quit the semester until and unless there is an emergency. i have valid visa, passport and study permit till next year.
please share your opinions open heartedly. i am too confused
regards,
Muhammad

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

numair728 said:
Hi,
i am an international student from Pakistan, studying at university of Regina doing my M.Eng degree(started in january 2014). i want to switch to University of Ottawa in Fall 2014. can i go out of canada for summer 2014 (May 2014 - August 2014) and come back in the month of august to start studying at university of ottawa from fall 2014 session. or do i have to stay in regina and keep studying till august and move to ottawa before september. according to university of regina rules,i can not quit the semester until and unless there is an emergency. i have valid visa, passport and study permit till next year.
please share your opinions open heartedly. i am too confused
regards,
Muhammad
1. You can, but under the new student rules to change schools after the 1st of June,
Changing institutions: your responsibility

"You must notify CIC via your MyCIC account when you are transferring from one designated learning institution to another, even if it is at the same level of study.

If you are thinking about changing your institution or your program, you need to ensure that you continue to meet the conditions of your study permit, as well as the conditions that allow you to work, should you wish to work during your studies."

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your reply, could you please specifically mention what kind of "Conditions of Study Permit" you are talking about. and secondly how can i tell "CIC" about changing my institution. ??? ??? ???
By the way i made an account with "gckey" and logged in to cic.gc.ca website. but i could not find any email address out there to send an email etc. contrastly, there are some links to start and application and the things like that :p :eek:
thanks again.
waiting for your reply,
Muhammad