+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada. Can Sponsor Spouse before finding Job

moeshea

Sep 19, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to return back to Canada within six months after having worked overseas for 7 years. I have not found a job yet but can survive (with my family) on my savings for at least a year. I am planning to apply to sponsor my wife (Outland) but wanted to know whether not having a job when applying to sponsor her would negatively impact the application. I am ready to sign a rental agreement and include it in my sponsorship application.

Thanks

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello,

I am planning to return back to Canada within six months after having worked overseas for 7 years. I have not found a job yet but can survive (with my family) on my savings for at least a year. I am planning to apply to sponsor my wife (Outland) but wanted to know whether not having a job when applying to sponsor her would negatively impact the application. I am ready to sign a rental agreement and include it in my sponsorship application.

Thanks
For Spouse alone with no dependents, they dont need a solid job. But there is a Q "How you plan to support your family?"
So as long as you can prove that with something I guess will be Ok

moeshea

Sep 19, 2018
Thank you for the reply.

I only need to Sponsor my Wife as my dependents are Canadian citizens. My only answer to the Question "How do you plan to support your family" is to prove I have enough funds to cover 1 year rent and daily expenses, in addition to my Engineering qualifications that should aid in a job hunt during that year.

Is applying for a visit visa prior to the sponsorship application a better strategy?

Thanks again

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Not highly recommended. But u can try. May cost more in many ways, and very few lucky ones got that. I would say 5% who already had applied thru a spousal sponsorship. So applicant has to prove :-
He/she has intention to return back VERY 1st thing, then show ties back home. Solid employment helps. Properties and income taxes return proofs for last 3 -4 years. Employment stability, any school attendance if that’s applicable, and assets you own, very valuable house with solid proof of present value, children and family, and any other responsibilities that require you to MUST HAVE TO return to your home country. The more you show the better chance you will have to convince the officer. Show as much proof as possible. Also have to show your financial arrangement. If there is no proof of sufficient funds for your visit, unfortunately your application is likely to get refused. Therefore, you should show sufficient funds available for your trip, no matter who’s covering the cost. Don't forget this will be a RETURN TICKET, not one way ticket. So have to spend say $1500 if approved as a visitor, then goes back, comes again another say $1000 one way ticket..