Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Earth2Mars said:
Yes. 27.

Ok thank you for your responses. I wish I hadn't felt too confident and never applied before I attempted to enter. Well, I think Canada is over for me.
It sounds like your brother entered Canada using his landing document rather than applying for a PRTD. Is that right? If so, then he just needs to remain in Canada for two years without leaving - and then he'll be able to apply to renew his PR card. This would have been the right option for you as well. Unfortunately it's now too late since you applied for the PRTD and were refused. The appeal is your only hope now. Good luck.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Earth2Mars said:
How could someone possibly be able to apply for PRTD on their own?
I don't understand the question. Anyone can apply for a PR TD if their PR card is lost or expired.

My university study was forced by my father, I did not change schools or move to different countries or anything. And I applied right before I finished. Like exactly right before I finished not after a while or after work experience to be seen as personal choice. No way I could find the money to support myself or join a university in Canada. No possible way.
Again the "forced by parents" excuse really only works when you're a minor. After you reach age of majority (so when you're 18-21 or so) you are able to make your own life decisions. Especially into your late 20s, it could be seen as your personal choice to keep following your father's wishes to stay outside Canada.

Is it possible to enter Canada by land and actually estaish myself in a flight school, flight instructor job, while processing my appeal?

Yes. The appeal process can take several years. During this time you can be issued 1-year validity PR cards while waiting. And you will have the same rights as other PRs while waiting meaning you can go to school or work wherever you like.

Sometimes establishing yourself firmly in Canada helps with the appeal process, as by the time your appeal is heard they will see you're committed to permanently living here.

Of course this is not guaranteed so if the appeal is lost, you lose PR status and your rights to work or go to school here without a proper visa. So basically you would have to drop your life in Canada and move back home unless you can find some other way to apply for PR independently afterwards.
You will not know for sure if an appeal will be successful until you actually try. Nobody here can say for sure, all we can share is how similar cases have resulted. You can do your own research of past appeals with people in your situation on the Canlii site: https://www.canlii.org/en/

This is actually unfair. My brother just went right in. Watching him do that was devastating. :'(
Did he apply for a PR TD? Or did he just simply enter Canada?

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Rob_TO said:
I don't understand the question. Anyone can apply for a PR TD if their PR card is lost or expired.

Again the "forced by parents" excuse really only works when you're a minor. After you reach age of majority (so when you're 18-21 or so) you are able to make your own life decisions. Especially into your late 20s, it could be seen as your personal choice to keep following your father's wishes to stay outside Canada.

Yes. The appeal process can take several years. During this time you can be issued 1-year validity PR cards while waiting. And you will have the same rights as other PRs while waiting meaning you can go to school or work wherever you like.

Sometimes establishing yourself firmly in Canada helps with the appeal process, as by the time your appeal is heard they will see you're committed to permanently living here.

Of course this is not guaranteed so if the appeal is lost, you lose PR status and your rights to work or go to school here without a proper visa. So basically you would have to drop your life in Canada and move back home unless you can find some other way to apply for PR independently afterwards.
You will not know for sure if an appeal will be successful until you actually try. Nobody here can say for sure, all we can share is how similar cases have resulted. You can do your own research of past appeals with people in your situation on the Canlii site: *Removed for reporting*

Did he apply for a PR TD? Or did he just simply enter Canada?
He applied for PRTD and got approved. I did the same thinking I was the same case. I didn't do my research and was emotionally affected by him leaving, I have blown my chances with that.
I can't Believe that. I have been fighting for it for years and now I am not going anywhere. I don't have life not even in here. I would prefer to go to Canada and call it home with the little PR status I have got. A lawyer should make it work, right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Earth2Mars said:
He applied for PRTD and got approved. I did the same thinking I was the same case. I didn't do my research and was emotionally affected by him leaving, I have blown my chances with that.
I can't Believe that. I have been fighting for it for years and now I am not going anywhere. I don't have life not even in here. I would prefer to go to Canada and call it home with the little PR status I have got. A lawyer should make it work, right?
How old was your brother when he applied for a PRTD?

A lawyer really can't do anything for you.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Earth2Mars said:
He applied for PRTD and got approved. I did the same thinking I was the same case.
I would also ask how old he was when he submitted the PR TD application. Also if he submitted any additional H&C claims.

H&C decisions though are often based largely on the feeling of the particular visa officer that happens to process the file. 2 identical files may get 2 different decisions just depending on who reviewed it.

A lawyer should make it work, right?
A lawyer experienced with H&C cases should be able to offer guidance on how best to build a case for your appeal. However they can't guarantee a positive decision, that is entirely up to the appeals court.

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
He was 18 years old. The funny thing, I told him to go, he was not thinking about it. I told him I would need to finish first because I was one semester away.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Earth2Mars said:
He was 18 years old. The funny thing, I told him to go, he was not thinking about it. I told him I would need to finish first because I was one semester away.
That's why he was approved so easily. He applied in the right age range. Once you are over 21, the H&C route claiming you were removed as a minor doesn't work. We've even seen some 21 year olds refused here. So 18/19 is really the ideal age.

Unfortunately you're too old by quite a number of years. You've been an adult for a long time now and can't argue that you haven't been able to move until now due to your parents.

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Not even testifying ? My siings? My friends in Canada? My PR brother? That I was held against my will? Evidence of continuous contact and outreach with Canadian friends and activities?

I think this would be unfair if I would be denied given that I never chose any other route than what my father chose for me when I was 17, yet a minor then, my only choice back then would be steal money from him and apply and leave to Canada and forget having parents ever again. Not fair.

My gut tells me to go to Canada and I go in by land *LEGALLY* and stay until my appeal is being processed. Until then, I pursue my long time dream and hopefully finish aviation school and have this as evidence of my commitment. I'm in my early career choice life. I choose Canada, not where I am now.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Earth2Mars said:
Not even testifying ? My siings? My friends in Canada? My PR brother? That I was held against my will? Evidence of continuous contact and outreach with Canadian friends and activities?

I think this would be unfair if I would be denied given that I never chose any other route than what my father chose for me when I was 17, yet a minor then, my only choice back then would be steal money from him and apply and leave to Canada and forget having parents ever again. Not fair.

My gut tells me to go to Canada and I go in by land *LEGALLY* and stay until my appeal is being processed. Until then, I pursue my long time dream and hopefully finish aviation school and have this as evidence of my commitment. I'm in my early career choice life. I choose Canada, not where I am now.
Why don't you order your GCMS notes and then you can see why the Visa Office thought that it was reasonable to refuse your PRTD application. I also note that you have not posted up the reasoning in the actual refusal letter. It might be of benefit to do so, as the exact wording may convey extra information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Earth2Mars said:

You weren't held against your will. At any point when you reached legal age, you could have made your own choices, gotten a job and earned the money to return to Canada.

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
zardoz said:
Why don't you order your GCMS notes and then you can see why the Visa Office thought that it was reasonable to refuse your PRTD application. I also note that you have not posted up the reasoning in the actual refusal letter. It might be of benefit to do so, as the exact wording may convey extra information.
How can I order those?

The exact reasoning was not meeting residency obligation of 730 days and H&C grounds were not compelling.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Earth2Mars said:
How can I order those?

The exact reasoning was not meeting residency obligation of 730 days and H&C grounds were not compelling.
https://www.google.ca/search?&q=how+to+order+gcms+notes

Hmm. "H&C grounds were not compelling" would appear to be within the range of reasonable outcomes.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You weren't held against your will. At any point when you reached legal age, you could have made your own choices, gotten a job and earned the money to return to Canada.
This. You and your brother are in different situations.

Perlita71984

Mar 26, 2017
Re:Visa application

Hi,
I would like to apply a visa would you help me, nice to hear from you soonest,.
Sincerely,
Perlita Ancheta

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re:Visa application

Perlita71984 said:
Hi,
I would like to apply a visa would you help me, nice to hear from you soonest,.
Sincerely,
Perlita Ancheta
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp