+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning To Canada after not met RO

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you qualify for Express entry? That would likely take around the same amount of time. Is your CRS score over 460?

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019
Not sure about the express entry, ill probably apply for that after getting the work permit because I want to apply for the PR again.

Another question: Do I have to wait for the 60 days or as soon my PRTD was denied i can apply for the Work Permit?

Thanks

R.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not sure about the express entry, ill probably apply for that after getting the work permit because I want to apply for the PR again.

Another question: Do I have to wait for the 60 days or as soon my PRTD was denied i can apply for the Work Permit?

Thanks

R.
You are still a PR for the next 60 days, so no, you can't apply for a work permit. This is why you were told to renounce; it would have been much faster.

You haven't said whether the company has an LMIA. Given that the lawyer appears to have been hoping your PRTD would have been approved, they likely haven't even started the process. You can't apply for a work permit until they have an approved LMIA.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

Thanks

R.
As stated above, no, not without an LMIA. If your LMIA is not approved, you won't be able to get a work permit. Getting an LMIA isn't guaranteed.