+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning To Canada after not met RO

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019
Hi guys, I have a few questions and this is my situation:

I'm applying for a PRTD after only lived there for 320 days. My PR Card expired the last year 2018. My Sin number was still the one starting with 9 and never got another one. I got married after getting my PR so she doesn't have the PR status and got a Job Offer.

My questions for the group are :

- If I get a PRTD, they will cancel my PR at the border?
- If I can get into Canada, can I start to work with the old Sin Number starting with 9 and then get another one soon?
- Because my PR card is expired but got PRTD approved that means will be ok to renew the PR?
- My wife will be able to be sponsored by me and how long this takes, can she stay in Canada for the duration of the process?
- IF I get the PRTD denied, my PR is cancelled and I can apply for a Work permit as soon as itis cancelled?
- My Situation is very complicated or i still have hope?

I know is a lot but I have no idea on how to proceed. Can you guys help me?

I appreciate it.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
1-No, because it means the IRCC has authorized your entry even though you did not make RO
2-IF you get the PRTD, you want to go back to Service Canada and get a permanent SIN, What I am confused about is, you were in Canada for 320 days, and you never went to Service Canada and replaced your temporary SIN with a permanent SIN ? SIN starting with a "9" immediately signifies that a person is on a work permit with an expiry date
3-iF you get a PRTD, then it would be ok to renew your PR
4-I am confused, if your wife only has a job offer, how is she going to be able to sponsor you ? Sponsor you for what ? You need to be a PR/Citizen to sponsor someone in the spousal sponsorship area
5-What type of job offer does she have ? Is it supported by a LMIA, is it a VALID job offer? Too many scams out there
6-If they refuse your PRTD, what type of job offer are you thinking about ? Typically a job offer to a foreign national has to be supported by a LMIA,

You have to give a lot more information. And since you only have 320 days in Canada, and your PR has expired, what are your reasons that you could not make your RO ? The RO is EXTREMELY generous compared to other countries. There has to be extenuating circumstances for the IRCC to grant you a PRTD

Last edited:

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019
Thank you and sorry for the lack of information.

The job offer is for me, I have the expired PR card, I work with advertising and one agency there wants to hire me, to get back to Canada.

I'm living in Brazil now. I lived in Toronto for 5 years without a PR, just on a work permit for AD agencies, then left for US and got my PR in 2013 while lived in the US.

Got back to Toronto in 2015 and. worked for almost a year 320 days using my old Sin number starting with 9 (Stupid mistake not getting a new one)

Then left to work in US and now in Brazil since then.

My wife only has an eTA to go to Canada with me if PRTD is approved.

Now I have the opportunity to come back but my situation is this mess :)

R.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you and sorry for the lack of information.

The job offer is for me, I have the expired PR card, I work with advertising and one agency there wants to hire me, to get back to Canada.

I'm living in Brazil now. I lived in Toronto for 5 years without a PR, just on a work permit for AD agencies, then left for US and got my PR in 2013 while lived in the US.

Got back to Toronto in 2015 and. worked for almost a year 320 days using my old Sin number starting with 9 (Stupid mistake not getting a new one)

Then left to work in US and now in Brazil since then.

My wife only has an eTA to go to Canada with me if PRTD is approved.

Now I have the opportunity to come back but my situation is this mess :)

R.
So how exactly do you think you have H&C grounds to qualify for a PRTD? It looks like you moved for work. Expect a refusal and your PR status to be revoked.

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019
So how exactly do you think you have H&C grounds to qualify for a PRTD? It looks like you moved for work. Expect a refusal and your PR status to be revoked.
The company lawyer is working on my case, i offered to renounce my PR, she said that would take a long time so decided to apply for a PRTD, and i believe she actually expecting to be denied and we can apply for a Work permit and that would be faster. But that is just my assumption.

In my oppinion, i don't think ill get the PRTD approved to, im just following her advice.

My concern is, if for some reason i get approved and can travel if ill be able to get my things together and stay there without a problem and able to sponsor my wife to stay with me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The company lawyer is working on my case, i offered to renounce my PR, she said that would take a long time so decided to apply for a PRTD, and i believe she actually expecting to be denied and we can apply for a Work permit and that would be faster. But that is just my assumption.

In my oppinion, i don't think ill get the PRTD approved to, im just following her advice.

My concern is, if for some reason i get approved and can travel if ill be able to get my things together and stay there without a problem and able to sponsor my wife to stay with me.
IMO applying for the PRTD isn't a good move. It's not going to be approved and will lower your chances of the work permit being approved afterwards. Renouncing is the best option if you want the smoothest path to a work permit approval.

To be approved for a work permit, IRCC wants to see that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Renouncing your PR status support this. Applying for the PRTD shows the opposite and states that you are in fact interesting in living in Canada permanently.

Lawyer fail.

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019
IMO applying for the PRTD isn't a good move. It's not going to be approved and will lower your chances of the work permit being approved afterwards. Renouncing is the best option if you want the smoothest path to a work permit approval.

To be approved for a work permit, IRCC wants to see that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Renouncing your PR status support this. Applying for the PRTD shows the opposite and states that you are in fact interesting in living in Canada permanently.

Lawyer fail.
Thanks! How long would take for the Renounce to be approved?

R.

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019

Lawyer fail.
Why do you think she's taking this path, she got really mad when i suggested to Renounce my PR and came up with this plan. I dont even know if my Sin number will work for me to get my payment.

R.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why do you think she's taking this path, she got really mad when i suggested to Renounce my PR and came up with this plan. I dont even know if my Sin number will work for me to get my payment.

R.
No idea. Have they obtained an approved LMIA yet so that you can apply for a work permit?

Maybe she is hoping the PRTD will be approved (which it won't be) so that they don't have to go through the LMIA process. That's my best guess.

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019
No idea. Have they obtained an approved LMIA yet so that you can apply for a work permit?

Maybe she is hoping the PRTD will be approved (which it won't be) so that they don't have to go through the LMIA process. That's my best guess.
How about the Sin Number situation, lets suppose i get the PRTD, ill have problem with using the Old Sin?

Best

R.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How about the Sin Number situation, lets suppose i get the PRTD, ill have problem with using the Old Sin?

Best

R.
You really need to let go of any hope the PRTD is going to be approved. This isn't going to happen.

You need to be realistic and start making plans for the work permit application. This requires your employer to secure an approved LMIA. LMIAs typically take 4-6 months to obtain. Has your employer done this yet?

Again, renouncing is the much smarter way to go. It will most likely be much faster than the PRTD. With the PRTD, you may be waiting a long time for the refusal. Anyway - your choice.

Good luck.

ronaldoprimo

Jul 3, 2019
Hi guys, im just coming back to give an update on my situation.

Like you guys said, and i was expecting, my PRTD application was refused since i didn't met the RO. And even having a Job Offer in Canada they didn't take this in consideration.

I got the refusal yesterday, so the company attorney are thinking about how to proceed.

I have new questions for the group:

Do i need to wait the 60 days to apply for a work permit or my PR status is already cancelled?

The fact that i got PRTD rejected will make my Work permit process more complicated?

Again i really appreciate all the messages and ill keep you guys posted on the next events.

Hope to get back to Canada soon.

Wish a great weekend to everybody.

Best

R.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, im just coming back to give an update on my situation.

Like you guys said, and i was expecting, my PRTD application was refused since i didn't met the RO. And even having a Job Offer in Canada they didn't take this in consideration.

I got the refusal yesterday, so the company attorney are thinking about how to proceed.

I have new questions for the group:

Do i need to wait the 60 days to apply for a work permit or my PR status is already cancelled?

The fact that i got PRTD rejected will make my Work permit process more complicated?

Again i really appreciate all the messages and ill keep you guys posted on the next events.

Hope to get back to Canada soon.

Wish a great weekend to everybody.

Best

R.
Did your employer already obtain an approved LMIA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not sure if they have yet. I think they will start the process.

R.
It's typically a 4-6 month process - so they will want to start soon if they haven't already.