+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning from Canada before getting PR card

lakshya0791

Oct 18, 2017
Hello fellow aspirants,

I have received my confirmation of PR, which is valid upto March 2018. I am planning to land in Canada by end of November 2017, but I have to return back to my home country within a week. I will finally go again to Canada by August 2018.
I have a friend there who could collect my PR card and give it to me. Would there be any problem when I visit again in August 2018 as there would be Exit stamp on my passport.

Thank you in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So will your friend mail or courier your card to you in your home country given without a PR card or a PRTD you will not be able to board a plane to come back in 8/2018

No such thing as an exit stamp when departing from Canada, even if there were is irrelevant anyway as you could stay away almost 3 years until the residency obligation starts to become a problem.

Once you are PR you are entitled to enter Canada just in your case you need the PR card or PRTD first to board a plane to return from your home country.

Last edited:

lakshya0791

Oct 18, 2017
So will your friend mail or courier your card to you in your home country given without a PR card or a PRTD you will not be able to board a plane to come back in 8/2018

No such thing as an exit stamp when departing from Canada, even if there were is irrelevant anyway as you could stay away almost 3 years until the residency obligation starts to become a problem.

Once you are PR you are entitled to enter Canada just in your case you need the PR card or PRTD first to board a plane to return from your home country.
Yes, my friend would be able to courier or hand deliver my PR card before re-entry.