+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returning back to canada to work

Jon deville

Aug 10, 2015
Good afternoon everyone,
So here is my tale, I was in canada for a year while I was a appealing my PR status and unfortunately i lost my appeal and had a removal order in which i followed to the letter and now back in the uk. My wife is out there in BC with her renewed visa for two years, Since then I applied for a 12 month work visa in order to return back to my job and my wife and our apartment which we both rent. CIC wrote back to me saying that I cannot apply for a work visa as I need to leave Canada which i have wrote to them saying I am back in the uk and I have all my paperwork with my removal order with me.
Would anyone recommend any solutions in which visa i need to apply for if cic are still saying this or is there a way to expedite the process.
CBSA are fully aware of me leaving and they said as i co-opertated fully that there would be no problems, I also added this in my paperwork but it was a straight refusal.
My job cannot sponsor me so that is out the window and my brother is a PR but as my mum is still alive it can't skip over to me.

Any information would be great as all of you have been a great help in the past.

Have a great day

Jon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no expedite process available to you and no way to guarantee your return to Canada. Whether a work permit is granted or not is ultimately up to CIC.

If your wife has a full time NOC A, B or 0 job, you can try applying for an open work permit based on her job in Canada (not sure if that's what you already tried to apply for). If you apply for the OWP, make sure you include proof of your wife's role (pay slips, job description, etc.). You'll also want to include proof that you have left the country according to the departure order.

Are you a UK citizen? If so, another option would be to apply for an ETA and return as a visitor only.