Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Dear all,
This forum was really important for me to get my PR, however my Canadian Job Ex was not so good.

I got my PPR in April 2017 and landed in July 2017. Stayed there for 1 week, however, got very good offer in Singapore (almost $100,000). Thought I was better in Singapore.

In July 2018, I was turning almost 30 years old and my parents were pushing for marriage, so I thought to give final try to Canada. Came on 3 weeks vacation and gave three interviews. I got no offer. Went back to job in Singapore. Changed my employer in Singapore and thought Canada will soon be forgotten.

Things changed, I got engaged to my bf and after discussion with him, we both decided settling in Canada would be for good

In July 2019, I came again to Canada for 4 weeks - gave 4 interviews and one interview went till the offer. I explained them I have to sell my car and do two months notice period and I have marriage in Dec 2019. They were generous enough to give me job from Jan 2020. Also the job I shall be on; is being done by 62/63 year old guy who will retire by Feb 2020, so I guess they were fine. My job starts from Jan 20, 2020. I have already resigned and my last day was Nov 28 in Singapore

By the way, In July 2019, I was asked at Immigration why I haven't stayed in Canada since for 2 years, I was honest enough and said I have got no job and am looking for job. They send me to check my bags where I was told to stay in Canada at least for 2/5 years. I said I will permanently come in 2020. On asking reason, they asked about my travels to US, Europe and Singapore. I told I am working in Singapore and regularly go to US/Europe for business visits and India for family visits.

Now I have few queries: Q1: Will there be any hassle when I go to Immigration at Toronto in Jan 2020? Will they report me? Even when I have stayed two months and have 2 years 9 months on validity of my PR Card.
Q2: How soon I can sponsor my husband?
Q3: If sponsoring husband will be the great hell of hassle? My employer in Singapore is very keen to get me back and said they can offer me $140,000 and will also get my husband dependent visa thing sorted within 30 days (Singapore is very quick to process visas and I love that city. My offer in Canada is only $80,000.

Appreciate your help on above questions!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Q1: Will there be any hassle when I go to Immigration at Toronto in Jan 2020? Will they report me? Even when I have stayed two months and have 2 years 9 months on validity of my PR Card.
Q2: How soon I can sponsor my husband?
Validity date of PR card is NOT relevant.

But, as long as you arrive back in Canada sooner than the third year anniversary of the date of landing, there is NO PR Residency Compliance issue. As long as the number of days between the date of arrival and the fifth year anniversary is at least 730 days it is NOT possible to fall short of being in compliance.

As long as you are in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation, you can be eligible to sponsor a spouse (subject to all the other eligibility requirements).

You remain in compliance with the PR RO, during the first five years, as long as you are NOT absent from Canada more than 1095 days since the date of landing. (Less than 1095 days abroad since the date of landing means arithmetically it is still possible to meet the 730 days within the first five years, and that equals being in compliance.)

Q3: If sponsoring husband will be the great hell of hassle? My employer in Singapore is very keen to get me back and said they can offer me $140,000 and will also get my husband dependent visa thing sorted within 30 days (Singapore is very quick to process visas and I love that city. My offer in Canada is only $80,000.
Personal decisions are, well, personal decisions: your priorities, your preferences, your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar34

SSDN4673

Nov 17, 2019
You posted it twice!!

Q1: I believe you will be just fine. Given you haven't completed 3 years and stayed for 2 months and you were honest and now you have the job
Q2: Process could start immediately, however, sponsoring takes 9-12 months to complete
Q3: IMO, Singapore has better economy / pay structure and tax structure than Canada, but it should be your personal decision. See what aim you have. In case your main aim is to live with your husband, and enjoy luxury, then Singapore as in Canada you will be having stagnant pay and your husband may not able to come before 6-9 months as they will take time process his sponsorship.