23-08-2016(SA)
Med's Done....
27-05-2016
Interview........
24-08-2016 (AOR2)
Passport Req..
30-08-2016 (TRV PPR)
Hi oOCujoOo
When did you send your package ? how long it took for them to resend it ?

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
oOCujoOo said:
OK! So I stubbornly called the call centre back and reached another rep. This one was able to actually "open" my case and found an issue. Hallelujah!

Apparently, in my portion of the Application (IMM0008) I have my wife's address, which is where I am at the moment, as the mailing address for correspondence, and my US address as my residential address (filed outland). And that was the hold up!!!! We apparently failed to file and include the Use of a Representative form (IMM5476) because I have her address listed. GAH!!! She's obviously my sponsor! IDK, rookie mistake?

Anyways I'm sure there's a rrreally good reason why they needed that to be clarified so I'm just going to re-organize everything and re-send it today. ::) Here's praying that that was all it was.

GUYS thank you so so much for your input and guidance. You've all been a God send. Sorry for venting and I hope this topic will help the next poor soul that gets stuck in our situation. I'll keep you updated, wish me luck!
Oh my goodness, I am glad that you got this all figured out, but now I am all paranoid, lol!!

I can't remember what we filled in that part, but I am a little confused. If we put my address as the correspondence (I'm in Canada) and then my husbands address as his residential address, does this indicate to them that we probably used a representative?
My husband and I put the application together on our own and we did not hire any help so we did not fill out the Use of a Representative form IMM5476. :eek:

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
So I scrambled to find my copied form and we put his USA address for both, haha!
All is good! :D

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
PandaChan said:
Oh my goodness, I am glad that you got this all figured out, but now I am all paranoid, lol!!

I can't remember what we filled in that part, but I am a little confused. If we put my address as the correspondence (I'm in Canada) and then my husbands address as his residential address, does this indicate to them that we probably used a representative?
My husband and I put the application together on our own and we did not hire any help so we did not fill out the Use of a Representative form IMM5476. :eek:
If I am reading this right, it sounds like you need the PA's address to be the mailing address or include a designation of representative.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
PandaChan said:

i'm pretty sure the other poster did the opposite of what you did in your application (if i'm reading the posts correctly). if you put the sponsor's address as a correspondence for the applicant's application, CIC will need confirmation it is ok to send correspondence there. They can not send correspondence for the PA's application to anyone BUT the applicant unless they have the representative form signed - even if it's the sponsor. When you call cic, you'll note the same thing will happen. they will not release information about the sponsor's app to the applicant or the applicant's app to the sponsor unless they are assigned as representatives.

this is not a common occurance, so it shouldn't be assumed the same thing will happen to many other people. this seems to be a one off incident that required a use of representative form. while this was not communicated correctly by cic, it doesn't suggest it's likely to happen to the majority.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
i'm pretty sure the other poster did the opposite of what you did in your application (if i'm reading the posts correctly). if you put the sponsor's address as a correspondence for the applicant's application, CIC will need confirmation it is ok to send correspondence there. They can not send correspondence for the PA's application to anyone BUT the applicant unless they have the representative form signed - even if it's the sponsor. When you call cic, you'll note the same thing will happen. they will not release information about the sponsor's app to the applicant or the applicant's app to the sponsor unless they are assigned as representatives.

this is not a common occurance, so it shouldn't be assumed the same thing will happen to many other people. this seems to be a one off incident that required a use of representative form. while this was not communicated correctly by cic, it doesn't suggest it's likely to happen to the majority.
Ahhh, I see. Alright, I understand. :)
Thank you for clearing this up for me!

oOCujoOo

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
newbee1990 said:
Hi oOCujoOo
When did you send your package ? how long it took for them to resend it ?
I packaged her up and sent it out via FedEx on June 20. It was date stamped as Received on June 24. It then found its way back to me, unfortunately yesterday.

@PandaChan God only knows, and I don't blame you for being paranoid. I'm glad you clarified that. It's a typical "hope for the best, but expect the worst" when it comes to this process. We too, decided to tackle the paperwork on our own (with the help of the wonderful members and topics in this forum of course ;) ) and wouldn't have even considered the address of spouse's and applicant's to be an issue. I could maybe...understand why it may necessary in some cases, but I don't comprehend the need when the info we provided specifically shows the couple's sponsor and applicant's address. I don't know, I'm sure I'm completely wrong and it's vitally important but a nuisance nonetheless!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
oOCujoOo said:
Apparently, in my portion of the Application (IMM0008) I have my wife's address, which is where I am at the moment, as the mailing address for correspondence, and my US address as my residential address (filed outland). And that was the hold up!!!! We apparently failed to file and include the Use of a Representative form (IMM5476) because I have her address listed. GAH!!! She's obviously my sponsor! IDK, rookie mistake?

Anyways I'm sure there's a rrreally good reason why they needed that to be clarified so I'm just going to re-organize everything and re-send it today. ::)
This has happened before. The easiest way to avoid it is to list both your mailing and residential address as the same one in Canada. You are not required to list a US address.

oOCujoOo

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
canuck_in_uk said:
This has happened before. The easiest way to avoid it is to list both your mailing and residential address as the same one in Canada. You are not required to list a US address.
What I get for being brutally honest and thorough. ::)

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
They can not send correspondence for the PA's application to anyone BUT the applicant unless they have the representative form signed - even if it's the sponsor.
In theory, yes.

We did not submit IMM5476, and put all her information (phone, email, address) in the forms, yet in GCMS my wife's email address is listed as mine, her phone number listed as mine, and they sent me AOR2 instead of my wife.

Lol.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
ImABule said:
In theory, yes.

We did not submit IMM5476, and put all her information (phone, email, address) in the forms, yet in GCMS my wife's email address is listed as mine, her phone number listed as mine, and they sent me AOR2 instead of my wife.

Lol.
That is why if I even thought there was a chance they might want a certain form I sent it in thinking they could throw it out if not needed.

EKate20132015

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-04-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Exempt...DM 06-10-2016
badpusacat said:
If I'm not mistaken, there was a May2016 (or April) applicant who posted here that her entire application was returned to her. There was a letter attached that says that she used the wrong form, instead of inland, she used outland...BUT she was applying outland. So it was a mistake by CIC! She called them, was informed to send it back and attached an explanation (that it is an Outland application with Outland forms).

My advice: (1) call CIC to figure out what's wrong (2) check the version of the form (3) have it ready to sent back to CIC.
I haven't been on here in a few days, so just seeing this Cujo, but I'm happy to see you were able to figure this out! And yes, I am the applicant badpusacat is talking about! My application was returned to me because they thought I was missing a form for inland application, when I was applying Outland and that was written everywhere! I'm now waiting on SA still :( day 56. Getting discouraged because it was their mistake!!

oOCujoOo

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Don't get discouraged EKate. It all takes time and if they need something they'll always correspond with you in one way or another. For some of us, that just happens to be our packet making an impromptu return visit ::). Hang in there! I'm right in that boat with you!