+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned for Photo!! Some help please

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hey guys,

Sent my citizenship application last month ... I got it returned by mail today with "Incomplete letter" about the photos being either missing or not within the specification. Is CIC serious here?

1) I got my Citizenship photos from Costco (same as my family). But my family's application wasn't returned.
2) The returned application doesn't have the submitted photos.

Does it make sense to say that the officer missed my photos in the initial submission?

I took new photos today and resubmitted my application. Any tips if I will go at the bottom of the pool again?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Sorry for that, you can never tell what happened to your photos. Now, you are submitting a new application, hence you will enter the queue from the beginning. Good Luck!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys,

Sent my citizenship application last month ... I got it returned by mail today with "Incomplete letter" about the photos being either missing or not within the specification. Is CIC serious here?

1) I got my Citizenship photos from Costco (same as my family). But my family's application wasn't returned.

Does it make sense to say that the officer missed my photos in the initial submission?

I took new photos today and resubmitted my application. Any tips if I will go at the bottom of the pool again?
Sorry to hear that. Either you forgot to include the photos or the officer lost them. If they weren't according to spec, I would think they would return them with the application package.

Unfortunately, IRCC doesn't prioritize re-submitted applications. Your application will be treated as new.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
:(
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that. :( I always thought family applications are returned together even if one of the applicant’s application is deemed incomplete.:confused:

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Hey guys,

I hope you did not forget writing thier names on the back of the photos. If the officer is disorganized, then it would be easier for the offficer to write what you got because s/he might attach photos to the wrong persons. If you wrote the names, then they are lost. Either ways , You can do nothing.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
They lost your photo.I guess you will starting from the beginning again.count your lucky stars sometimes they misplaced people application and they have no idea for months.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
u forgot.

i think u dodget bullet by not applying with family.

u will be on November applicants queue and if u did not travel alot u will get there quickly as u wont get delayed with police certificate or RQ.

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Thanks folks!

Just to clarify, I submitted two citizenship applications:
  • Myself alone
  • My family (Spouse and two minors)
My family's application wasn't returned, only my application for the mentioned reasons. I am %101 sure about that as I have snapshot of my submitted application just before sealing it in the envelop.

I have no travels for the past 3.5 years for this sake (citizenship application), hopefully this will help

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they returned the application without photos, that means photos were missing when they opened the package. Only can think of two reasons, one you forgot to attach the photos, two the clerk lost your photos when binding the application to a new folder for review.

Just apply again as soon as possible and pray for the best.

Thanks folks!

Just to clarify, I submitted two citizenship applications:
  • Myself alone
  • My family (Spouse and two minors)
My family's application wasn't returned, only my application for the mentioned reasons. I am %101 sure about that as I have snapshot of my submitted application just before sealing it in the envelop.

I have no travels for the past 3.5 years for this sake (citizenship application), hopefully this will help

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
u forgot.

i think u dodget bullet by not applying with family.

u will be on November applicants queue and if u did not travel alot u will get there quickly as u wont get delayed with police certificate or RQ.
What ????

Did they legalized marijuana already :D

jpsant

Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Hi.. I’m not sure if anyone asked you this before, but did you get the AOR? Or did they just send the whole application back to you without AOR?

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hi.. I’m not sure if anyone asked you this before, but did you get the AOR? Or did they just send the whole application back to you without AOR?
They just returned the whole application after 3 weeks, No AOR ... Which means, they didn't accept the application and I am not in the processing queue.

Sent the application again, and took snap shot of it with my photos attached.

Reactions: jpsant