+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned citizenship applications for more than one time

Matt079

Nov 23, 2018
Hi Guys,
Please advise on my situation
I applied first time in May 2018
Applications were returned back from CIC for my daughter application correction. My and my wife applications were stamped as completed when they returned the package.
We resubmitted the applications again to CIC. 2 weeks ago I received the package again in the mail. The reason this time was to correct my and my wife application (The applications were stamped as completed in the first return, and CIC is asking for a correction now)!!!
Please I want to know what is going on??! Why are they doing this to me??! I lost 6 months now for no reasonable reason.
Thank you

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Without knowing any details about what they are requesting you to correct, I would guess that they found something inconsistent with your application and your wife's application based on what you corrected on your daughter's application. So I think you should just make the corrections on the applications, make sure they corroborate each other and remit them back to IRCC. Correcting your application so that it can be processed within their guidelines is far from being an "unreasonable reason" for delay, so the way I see it, you've only lost your own time by not following their directions before submitting the applications the first time.

Matt079

Nov 23, 2018
Why did they stamp the 2 applications as completed when they first time returned the package for my daughter app correction? and why are asking for a new correction in the 2 application which were stamped as completed before??

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Why did they stamp the 2 applications as completed when they first time returned the package for my daughter app correction? and why are asking for a new correction in the 2 application which were stamped as completed before??
Who knows? Without seeing the applications we here are as clueless as you..but Hawk's explanation makes sense.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
The tone of your argumentative questions indicate that you are going by your own rules, not theirs. They have the right to return incomplete application or, as Hawk79 rightly opined; maybe something you corrected in your daughter's application conflicted with something in your application.

Or, maybe, the residence calculator you used in the first application has expired. see below
As Hawk39 said... just make the corrections requested and you will be fine.

Last edited:

Matt079

Nov 23, 2018
It is the physical presence requirement. They are saying now that I have 1093 instead of 1095. Why didn’t they mention that when they first returned the package in May and they stamped my application as completed?? So disappointed guys

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
It is the physical presence requirement. They are saying now that I have 1093 instead of 1095. Why didn’t they mention that when they first returned the package in May and they stamped my application as completed?? So disappointed guys
There is no point asking “why they did it “ here, many of us here want to know how they work just as much as you do lol, but does it help with anything? Of course not...

Reactions: foodie69

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Well, do you prefer a 6 months delay because they returned the app, or the complete package (RQ, hearing with a citizenship judge, application that could be denied denied) because you're short or in the verge of being short...
If anything, those 6 months could speed the process for you. You now have a nice buffer...