+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Citizenship Application

iamdeeann

Nov 15, 2016
Hey Everyone,

I originally sent in my citizenship application in August and since then it has been returned, as according to them I did not provide the right education documents. I have submitted to them my transcripts and diploma in College which were completed in Canada. I have resubmitted it and it was returned again for the same reasons.

What other information do they require.

Can anyone help?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per CIC, you need to send a copy of your diploma, certificate or transcript that shows you completed the program.

Similar discussions earlier which might provide some more insight:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/language-proof-for-canadian-citizenship-need-help-please-t158506.0.html

iamdeeann

Nov 15, 2016
I sent in both transcripts and diploma and it was returned.

I called them they said provide an explanation letter which I did the second time around explaining what is clearly evident that the program was completed.

So now I'm confused as to what they require.

It makes no sense to me.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know for language proof they accept CLB (CLB 4) or if you have taken LINC classes ( LINC 4) in Saskatchewan which is Government funded program. Its different in all province I think.

But Never though they require any other diploma or any institute certificate except English Language Certificate.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
iamdeeann said:
Hey Everyone,

I originally sent in my citizenship application in August and since then it has been returned, as according to them I did not provide the right education documents. I have submitted to them my transcripts and diploma in College which were completed in Canada. I have resubmitted it and it was returned again for the same reasons.

What other information do they require.

Can anyone help?
Does the diploma course you took in Canada, satisfy the language requirements (i.e. was it long enough)?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
ROSEASHISH said:
As far as I know for language proof they accept CLB (CLB 4) or if you have taken LINC classes ( LINC 4) in Saskatchewan which is Government funded program. Its different in all province I think.

But Never though they require any other diploma or any institute certificate except English Language Certificate.
If you have taken a accredited course (any subject) in Canada taught in either English or French, it will satisfy the language requirement.

iamdeeann

Nov 15, 2016
Yes it was a 2 year program taken at Humber College. I am from an English speaking country so I am fully fluent as it's my first language.

I have never been so stumped in my life.

I worked at an immigration law firm in the past and I had one of my past co-worker look at it and and they are stumped as to why it was retuned.

My explanation was handwritten to explain further to show I have a full understanding and command of the English language.

Makes no sense, and they can't tell me why it was returned. I am gonna have a lawyer look st it and submit it from their office and see if that makes a difference .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
iamdeeann said:
Yes it was a 2 year program taken at Humber College. I am from an English speaking country so I am fully fluent as it's my first language.

I have never been so stumped in my life.

I worked at an immigration law firm in the past and I had one of my past co-worker look at it and and they are stumped as to why it was retuned.

My explanation was handwritten to explain further to show I have a full understanding and command of the English language.

Makes no sense, and they can't tell me why it was returned. I am gonna have a lawyer look st it and submit it from their office and see if that makes a difference .
How much was the passing score on the diploma/transcript? Maybe less score might have played a role as CIC requires good score for IELTS, CELPIP etc and they same way they should have expected from your diploma. By the way, what was the course you have done?

iamdeeann

Nov 15, 2016
I graduated with honours was on the Deans List all 4 semesters so it's certainly not my grades. It was the Paralegal Education Program.

No one I've spoken to can understand why it was sent back, it's stumping everyone.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just do the CELPIP-General LS. Its easy.

iamdeeann said:
I graduated with honours was on the Deans List all 4 semesters so it's certainly not my grades. It was the Paralegal Education Program.

No one I've spoken to can understand why it was sent back, it's stumping everyone.

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi iamdeeann,
I was wondering if you had transcript in sealed letter? It is also best to write a letter stating you graduated and have certificate of completion and then include sealed transcript and photo copy of certificate.
That's what i did and had no issues. when i went for interview. I saw they had my file and they did open and check the transcript.
Good Luck!

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
Don't forget CIC officer are only 12 grade pass

This is my third country I am living in CAnada ,before that I was in UK and NZ

My statement is this people are fully uneducated, do not have any brain , never use logic

They just follow only what they have been teach in training period

You are 100% correct , your language evidence should be valid for citizenship application as per Cic guideline

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
simoncanada said:
Don't forget CIC officer are only 12 grade pass

This is my third country I am living in CAnada ,before that I was in UK and NZ

My statement is this people are fully uneducated, do not have any brain , never use logic

They just follow only what they have been teach in training period

You are 100% correct , your language evidence should be valid for citizenship application as per Cic guideline
Why don't you go and work for the government, too? Beats driving a taxi..