+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned application

AMeza

May 21, 2019
Hi All,

I sent a family application and I have it returned. On the package, the only one that says is incomplete is mine, the ones for my family members came back with a piece of paper stapled at the beginning saying "Your application is considered complete. However, as you submitted..."

The question I have, is whether I can re-send (exactly as they are, without even removing the staple) the application packages for my relatives (as they were accepted). Note, the 90 days validity on the signature will be still on time.

Regards,
Alberto

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi All,

I sent a family application and I have it returned. On the package, the only one that says is incomplete is mine, the ones for my family members came back with a piece of paper stapled at the beginning saying "Your application is considered complete. However, as you submitted..."

The question I have, is whether I can re-send (exactly as they are, without even removing the staple) the application packages for my relatives (as they were accepted). Note, the 90 days validity on the signature will be still on time.

Regards,
Alberto
Yes, I don't see any issue with this as long as you are certain that their papers are in order, and the signatures will remain valid.

Reactions: AMeza

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I think that you can even resend the application of your family members with the paper still stapled. This might speed up the a bit the verification when they will receive it as they will know that they were already checked.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
I think that you can even resend the application of your family members with the paper still stapled. This might speed up the a bit the verification when they will receive it as they will know that they were already checked.
Yes I agree with Gibe. It will speed up the application as someone already has checked the application just add whatever information missing from your application. My application returned after 2 months due to missing information I left as it was and just added the information was missing. I realised I was treated as 2 months before I applied.

AMeza

May 21, 2019
Hi Guys, thanks for your reply! That sounds good to me. I will just have to add one more question, as realized something:
In my wife's application (the one saying that is complete), on section 14 where I have the passports listed, the last one we had by March 15 was one with validity date up to March 18_19 (3 days after the signature date); however a week ago we received a new passport...of course validity starting around May 1st.
Would you confirm that I can resent the already approved app without changing anything
Or would you say it would be better to create a new application and update.. all the dates, adding the new passport.
Alberto

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi Guys, thanks for your reply! That sounds good to me. I will just have to add one more question, as realized something:
In my wife's application (the one saying that is complete), on section 14 where I have the passports listed, the last one we had by March 15 was one with validity date up to March 18_19 (3 days after the signature date); however a week ago we received a new passport...of course validity starting around May 1st.
Would you confirm that I can resent the already approved app without changing anything
Or would you say it would be better to create a new application and update.. all the dates, adding the new passport.
Alberto
If you have a new passport you have to add that to the application. You will need to update everything that pertained to the passport.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Alberto
If you wife received the new passport AFTER she signed the application, you don't have to include it.
Any new passport that you have, they will photocopy at your interview.

As a side note, at my interview I showed up with all my expired passports. One of them, the oldest, I didn't include in my application. The officer that interviewed me said : "I'll just make a copy for our files"

Remember that your eligibility period is 5 years before the date you SIGNED on your application. Everything after that is not included in your validity period.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you wife received the new passport AFTER she signed the application, you don't have to include it.
Any new passport that you have, they will photocopy at your interview.

As a side note, at my interview I showed up with all my expired passports. One of them, the oldest, I didn't include in my application. The officer that interviewed me said : "I'll just make a copy for our files"

Remember that your eligibility period is 5 years before the date you SIGNED on your application. Everything after that is not included in your validity period.
Yes, but his application was returned and he is refiling it - so now his wife has a new passport before applying..

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Yes, but his application was returned and he is refiling it - so now his wife has a new passport before applying..
He is refiling his application, not his wife's. His wife's application was deemed complete by IRCC and therefore he should send it back untouched.

If he wants to update it, he can do so, but he'd have to change the date signed and eligibility period. There is no reason to send a copy of a passport that was renewed at a future date from the date of the signature of the application. The new passport can be brought along at the interview.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
He is refiling his application, not his wife's. His wife's application was deemed complete by IRCC and therefore he should send it back untouched.

If he wants to update it, he can do so, but he'd have to change the date signed and eligibility period. There is no reason to send a copy of a passport that was renewed at a future date from the date of the signature of the application. The new passport can be brought along at the interview.
I don't know enough about the Citizenship Application to contradict you so I'll accept your correction and withdraw my previous advice.

AMeza

May 21, 2019
Thank you all for your time/replies ! Will update mine send the rest untouched, will let the group know

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Thank you all for your time/replies ! Will update mine send the rest untouched, will let the group know
Remember though, if it has been more than 90 days since your wife signed the application, she would have to re-fill it.

Reactions: Gibe