+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application

hurryupCIC

Nov 6, 2013
Hi,

My application was returned and I had to re-submit it, my questions are:
1) Is there any applicant with my situation who has received test or oath notification. Please, share your experience.
2) Does this mean that my application is non-routine and I have to wait for 36 months?

My timeline:

sent the application in Nov. 2012
sent the returned application in Feb. 2013
In process April 2013

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Why was it returned?

2. Routine or non routine will be based on new accepted application. The initial application was never loaded onto ecas so its not like CIC kept a record and they will scrutinize your second application further!

3. What's your local office - based on what we see here if you are routine and in Windsor expect to oath in 7-12 months. Elsewhere especially Prairies, Atlantic Canada and Quebec 15-26 mths seems to be the norm.

hurryupCIC

Nov 6, 2013
Msafiri said:
1. Why was it returned?

2. Routine or non routine will be based on new accepted application. The initial application was never loaded onto ecas so its not like CIC kept a record and they will scrutinize your second application further!

3. What's your local office - based on what we see here if you are routine and in Windsor expect to oath in 7-12 months. Elsewhere especially Prairies, Atlantic Canada and Quebec 15-26 mths seems to be the norm.
Thanks for the reply.

The application was returned because of the not-official school records.

How can I find out my local office? I think it should be Scarborough (not sure though)

In my ecas profile, the received date of the application is Nov. 2012. Will this date be used when my application is processed?

Cheers

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Call CIC to ask what your local office is...based on your postcode in the GTA it could be one of any of Scarborough, Mississauga, St Clair etc.

2. Surprised CIC kept your original 'received' date if they returned your initial application back. Work of the 'Feb 2013 returned application date' as a compromise median.