+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application - Please help

tiffane6

Jun 21, 2017
Hi everyone

Our application was returned yesterday as an address was cut-off on the additional family information form. The form that they ask you to use does not allow for enough characters to enter a full address. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

If an application is returned noting a specific issue, would that be the only issue or do you think that they just stop mid-review and return it and something else could possibly be wrong? I guess I don't want to run into a problem where we re-submit with the address correction and then they reject on another basis. Are they obligated to do a full review and provide all comments before returning an application?

Thanks so much for your advice.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone

Our application was returned yesterday as an address was cut-off on the additional family information form. The form that they ask you to use does not allow for enough characters to enter a full address. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

If an application is returned noting a specific issue, would that be the only issue or do you think that they just stop mid-review and return it and something else could possibly be wrong? I guess I don't want to run into a problem where we re-submit with the address correction and then they reject on another basis. Are they obligated to do a full review and provide all comments before returning an application?

Thanks so much for your advice.
They have been known to point out the first issue and send it back without reviewing the rest so don't count on that.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In cases where paper forms are proving difficult to complete, add a separate sheet of paper with the details of the application form number and question number. Provide an explanation and the full detailed response there.

Reactions: KBH and jordo

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
As Zardoz said..use a separate sheet of paper.

Also.. Be sure to check for any updates in the form versions since you sent your initial application.

If there have been new form versions released..you MUST use them and discard the forms you completed initially.

tunay

Dec 19, 2015
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Hi,
"when more space required to provide the info requested, CIC advises us to use a 'separate sheet of paper', and/or a 'blank page'.
what is this? a plain white A4 size paper or the same form 'page'?
Can someone be more specific about it?