+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned application due to cap reach (FSW 2013)

E.Mohammad

Oct 9, 2018
I am going to submit my PR application through EE soon. But I am worried about a fact.

In 2013 I applied for Canada Immigration through a third-party consultant. He processed my application of his own and I had no involvement in that. In November 2013 he informed that my application package was returned due to cap reach. He showed me a letter saying that came from CIC.

Now in my EE profile there is a section where it asks if I have applied for Canada Immigration before and if there is any UCI number. I have given it "NO" because I did not have any UCI number in the letter. Also I asked that consultant about it, he also said that there is no UCI number as my application was not assessed and was returned. He also said that UCI number is given to the applicants whose applications are assessed/approved/rejected. But my file was "returned", so I do not have any UCI number.

But the matter of fact is, I cannot trust the letter fully and am doubtful to the consultant's service. The does not seem authentic/genuine to me. And now I do not want to add any unauthentic information in my application. On the other side, in case the letter is genuine and I do not inform it to CIC about my previous application (though I did not receive any UCI number), what will be the effect on my application?!!

What should I do now? Should I tell about the issue in the Explanation letter or just ignore the issue and proceed without it?

PLEASE SUGGEST WITH YOUR EXPERTISE. THANKS!

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hi.
Our application was returned in 2014 for the same reason...cap reached...for a different NOC.
In our new express entry profile...we said 'yes' to where it says if you have applied before. We gave the application number that was qouted on the file. It is true that your file was never processed because it was returned...but your file was assigned a reference number. And that is the nber you need to provide in the answer of if you had applied before.
Do not click 'no'....you will be caught for misrepresentation.

E.Mohammad

Oct 9, 2018
Hi.
Our application was returned in 2014 for the same reason...cap reached...for a different NOC.
In our new express entry profile...we said 'yes' to where it says if you have applied before. We gave the application number that was qouted on the file. It is true that your file was never processed because it was returned...but your file was assigned a reference number. And that is the nber you need to provide in the answer of if you had applied before.
Do not click 'no'....you will be caught for misrepresentation.
I do not have the application number, i just have the letter from CIC but there is no application number mentioned!