Return without PR card

tahmid123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have got PR card and I want to visit for a short time in Canada for 20 days in next month and I plan to move Canada finally after Sep, 2016 after settling all the issues here.

My questions is that
1.I want to give my friend address to send my PR card. He will receive and send to me. Is there any problem and any risk involve?

2.Should I take all the settlement fund during my first visit? I want to bring small amount of money to cover the cost during that period? During final movement, I will take all the required settlement fund.

Please give your suggestion and valuable

Regards
Talukder

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
tahmid123 said:
Hi,
I have got PR card and I want to visit for a short time in Canada for 20 days in next month and I plan to move Canada finally after Sep, 2016 after settling all the issues here.

My questions is that
1.I want to give my friend address to send my PR card. He will receive and send to me. Is there any problem and any risk involve?

2.Should I take all the settlement fund during my first visit? I want to bring small amount of money to cover the cost during that period? During final movement, I will take all the required settlement fund.

Please give your suggestion and valuable

Regards
Talukder
1- I did the same and it is absolutely ok. There are few posts on this forum which says that it is illegal to send the PR card outside Canada through courier or any other person. However, no body has any legal reference in support of this opinion. If it is illegal to send the PR card through courier company then the courier company would never ever accept PR card for delivery outside Canada. So, it is absolutely ok for your friend to send the card through courier company.

2- Take some cash with you to Canada to meet the day to day needs. Request your bank to issue a Demand Draft in your name for the remaining amount. The Demand Draft will serve as a proof of funds at the time of landing if the immigration officer ask you for the proof. After you are back from Canada go to the bank and request them to cancel the Demand Draft. They may charge a nominal amount as cancellation fee. I did the same and it worked without any issue.

Regards

Faisal

tahmid123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faisal892 said:
1- I did the same and it is absolutely ok. There are few posts on this forum which says that it is illegal to send the PR card outside Canada through courier or any other person. However, no body has any legal reference in support of this opinion. If it is illegal to send the PR card through courier company then the courier company would never ever accept PR card for delivery outside Canada. So, it is absolutely ok for your friend to send the card through courier company.

2- Take some cash with you to Canada to meet the day to day needs. Request your bank to issue a Demand Draft in your name for the remaining amount. The Demand Draft will serve as a proof of funds at the time of landing if the immigration officer ask you for the proof. After you are back from Canada go to the bank and request them to cancel the Demand Draft. They may charge a nominal amount as cancellation fee. I did the same and it worked without any issue.

Regards

Faisal
Thanks for your feedback.