+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return to Canada from USA

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
My parents extension to stay in Canada is approved till Oct 31. They reason they had to extend stay was for my marriage in the US in Oct first week. After the marriage they are going to come back to Canada, my brother is also in Canada on PR. Would they be allowed entry considering they have valid Canadian visitor visa on their passports. Hopefully this would be considered new entry and the expiry of approved visa extension is removed(Oct 31).

Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents extension to stay in Canada is approved till Oct 31. They reason they had to extend stay was for my marriage in the US in Oct first week. After the marriage they are going to come back to Canada, my brother is also in Canada on PR. Would they be allowed entry considering they have valid Canadian visitor visa on their passports. Hopefully this would be considered new entry and the expiry of approved visa extension is removed(Oct 31).

Please advise.
Really depends on how long they have already been in Canada and how many extensions they have already received. Total time in Canada will be considered even if they leave Canada for a short period of time. If they asked for an extension to attend your wedding did they not provide plans to leave after the wedding?

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Really depends on how long they have already been in Canada and how many extensions they have already received. Total time in Canada will be considered even if they leave Canada for a short period of time. If they asked for an extension to attend your wedding did they not provide plans to leave after the wedding?
They are here since Nov 2020, n this is only one extension that has been applied and now approved till Oct 31. In the extension letter we mentioned they will attend my marriage in US and return back to Canada for some time before they finally return to home country. Also the reason we are avoiding them to return to India is also due to covid outbreak and the pandemic situation in India. All these reason have been mentioned in the letter of explanation during the extension application.