+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return ticket

yatinkapoor

Feb 12, 2021
Hi, my spouse and child got there visitor visa approved. There PR application is also under process. If they travel next month on visit visa do they need a return ticket or on way ticket will work. I mean, will the immigration officer ask for a return ticket.??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my spouse and child got there visitor visa approved. There PR application is also under process. If they travel next month on visit visa do they need a return ticket or on way ticket will work. I mean, will the immigration officer ask for a return ticket.??
You should book a return ticket. The immigration officer may or may not ask for a return ticket. Often the airline wants to see a return ticket as a requirement for boarding.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But I have just booked one way ticket as of now.
You can try to see if the airline will let them board with just a one way ticket. It may work out and it may not.

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi congratulations on approval. If you dont mind, can you please post a brief timeline for their applications please and country from where they applied. Thanks.

VJ2021

Aug 13, 2021
hey,
1)when did you apply and from where
2)did you submit any webform to prioritized your application
3) when did your eligibility status changed to we are reviewing your elibility ?
4) are you PR

yatinkapoor

Feb 12, 2021
Hi congratulations on approval. If you dont mind, can you please post a brief timeline for their applications please and country from where they applied. Thanks.
Spousal Sponsorship applied in Feb 2021
TRV applied in April 2021 and approved in July.
Applied from India

yatinkapoor

Feb 12, 2021
hey,
1)when did you apply and from where
2)did you submit any webform to prioritized your application
3) when did your eligibility status changed to we are reviewing your elibility ?
4) are you PR
For Spousal TRV
1. Applied in April 2021 from India
2. No
3. May 2021
4. Yes

Reactions: VJ2021

Sledge

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
VISIT
My now wife came from Indonesia in June and she was asked for a return ticket by both the airline and immigration upon arrival into Canada. I had booked both flights separately so that it would be easier to change or cancel the return flight. I booked directly with the airline as the travel sites will be very difficult to deal with if you need to make changes or cancellations. I was easily able to cancel the return flight when she arrived, as I am now in the process of sponsoring her as my wife. The airline gave me full credit for a future booking, it does not expire and there were no penalties.

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
My now wife came from Indonesia in June and she was asked for a return ticket by both the airline and immigration upon arrival into Canada. I had booked both flights separately so that it would be easier to change or cancel the return flight. I booked directly with the airline as the travel sites will be very difficult to deal with if you need to make changes or cancellations. I was easily able to cancel the return flight when she arrived, as I am now in the process of sponsoring her as my wife. The airline gave me full credit for a future booking, it does not expire and there were no penalties.
Hi I wanna ask if you dont mind. Can you sponsor her as a PR while shes in canada as a tourist?

Sledge

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
VISIT
After applying for her sponsorship, it is very important to NOT leave Canada, in case the border agent is having a bad day and decides to not let her back into Canada. If that were to happen we would have to cancel the inland sponsorship and start over with an outland sponsorship. We applied in October and from what I hear, it is taking 12-16 months to process. She is here with me waiting.

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
After applying for her sponsorship, it is very important to NOT leave Canada, in case the border agent is having a bad day and decides to not let her back into Canada. If that were to happen we would have to cancel the inland sponsorship and start over with an outland sponsorship. We applied in October and from what I hear, it is taking 12-16 months to process. She is here with me waiting.
Thank you, what if you already process an outland sponsorship, and while waiting for a response the applicant has a TRV. Incase her application will be approve does she need to leave canada for the PPR?