+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return prepaid Xpresspost envelope

aliennotanymore

Feb 25, 2013
Hi All,

I'm a bit confused about sending my passport to CPP Ottawa. I'm living outside of North America but have a mailing address in the United States as my sister lives there. In the email sent it clearly says that "if you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or a pre-paid Canada Post shipping label, or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your Passport by regular mail."

I've been trying to buy a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post to send it with my Passport and a copy of the ready for visa letter but the payment can't go through. Enlighten me please.

Thanks in advance.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
aliennotanymore said:
Hi All,

I'm a bit confused about sending my passport to CPP Ottawa. I'm living outside of North America but have a mailing address in the United States as my sister lives there. In the email sent it clearly says that "if you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or a pre-paid Canada Post shipping label, or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your Passport by regular mail."

I've been trying to buy a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post to send it with my Passport and a copy of the ready for visa letter but the payment can't go through. Enlighten me please.

Thanks in advance.
To receive the returned passport at a US address you need to purchase a USA Xpresspost envelop, fold it in half and put it in the other envelope along with your passport. If you are outside of Canada, I don't know how you can purchase that envelope and have it shipped to you.

Alberto945

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 23-03-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 Finally
thisisauser said:
To receive the returned passport at a US address you need to purchase a USA Xpresspost envelop, fold it in half and put it in the other envelope along with your passport. If you are outside of Canada, I don't know how you can purchase that envelope and have it shipped to you.
I second that.

aliennotanymore

Feb 25, 2013
thisisauser said:
This shouldn't be such a complication. I just emailed them to have my visa stamped at another office. Just want to be on the safe side. Thanks anyway!