+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return of Documents

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
I have read that immigration return docs, and others said they did not get them back

As we all know we send them everything..I want my deed back, my marriage cert, and more important my wedding pics!!!
When do we get these things back...I believe as they are my property I want them back!

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hey,

I received all my documents a week after my application being transfered to NY. They will or should provide you with any originals when you application is complete. If you don't you can always request it I'm sure.

However most of the items you should have provided them should have been copies and not originals as they can get lost in the midst of the process or mailing.

Good luck

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
In my case they returned pictures, letters, greeting cards and even phone cards when they stamped PR visa and returned the passport.
BTW I didn't request them.

KSTelAviv

Aug 5, 2009
Israel
What about returning the marriage certificate? I'm giving my original because it is much cheaper to replace than notarizing it. If they dont return it, I can always purchase a new one but it is just a hassel.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I think if you requested they will return it as well. I didn't ask for it because I send them only a copy.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I sent an original marriage certificate and it was not returned to me while the photos, boarding passes and the like we sent were. I was applying through Vienna. But replacing the marriage certificate was so easy in Slovenia, I certainly didn't bother asking for the original back. It's my understandig that you can request it back though.

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
so again a case where they might send them back and they might not, well if I ever hear from them I will ask for them if they don't send them. Thanks for replies

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
I only received my photos back. All my letters, cards and certificates, etc were copies. They didn't return airplane ticket stubs, tickets from our travels, other momentos like that.

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
The only originals i sent were on my husbands sponsor part with optionC and letter from employer. Everything else I scanned on the computer and printed out for them. I didn't trust sending originals.

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
I received everything back except marriage certificates. I got them at the same time as I picked up my passport at Vienna office.