+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returing to Canada after 2.8 years

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Hello All,

I landed in Canada as PR in Nov,2010 and came back after a month. I am planning to move to Canada in Oct,2013 . I do have PR card & Sin Card

Do you see any issues with immigration ?. I am still well within the residence requirement of 2 years within any five year period .Only thing is i didn't filed any tax returns in Canada which i thought i don't have to as i was not having any income in Canada niether did i completly moved over there.

Appreciate your input ,if it is going to be too difficult than i will not take the risk of leaving my current job.

Seniors please advice

Regards :)

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Re: Returing to Canada after 2.8 years -Qorax Please help

Dear Qorax,

will you please advice .Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rgds said:
Do you see any issues with immigration ?. I am still well within the residence requirement of 2 years within any five year period .Only thing is i didn't filed any tax returns in Canada which i thought i don't have to as i was not having any income in Canada niether did i completly moved over there.
Hi

They may give you a hard time at the border for being away for awhile but as you are still able to meet the residency requirement, you'll be fine.

As for filing taxes, it sounds as if you were a "non-resident for tax purposes", which means you did not have to file a tax return. Have a look here:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ndvdls/nnrs-eng.html
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/5013-g/5013-g-01-12e.html#P268_16439

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for the reply, is it better if i check with canadian emabassy before i travel to canada.May be this will help me to avoid hard time at borders.

Please advice

regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rgds said:
Thanks for the reply, is it better if i check with canadian emabassy before i travel to canada.May be this will help me to avoid hard time at borders.

Please advice

regards
Nope, the embassy can do absolutely NOTHING about how you are treated at the border. It just depends on the officer you get.

They may send you to secondary and ask you lots of questions, like why you left, why you were gone so long, what you did while you were gone, why you're coming back, are you staying etc. But as I said, the officers cannot take any actual action against you.

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Hi,

You mean to say they will allow me to enter the county. The first Landing i did in toronto and i want to go to Calgary now is that ok .

Rgds

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rgds said:
Hi,

You mean to say they will allow me to enter the county. The first Landing i did in toronto and i want to go to Calgary now is that ok .

Rgds
Yes, they will allow you to enter and you can go to Calgary.