Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Hi Everyone, I'm in process of collecting documents for OINP application. I just wanted to confirm if there is any "preferred" format for resume?? Or shall i just send my updated resume in my own format?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Resume just helps OINP to decipher the job history of the applicant. Any format would work but make sure it's not more than 2-3 pages long.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siddiquis said:
Short CV of a page is OK? Brief about everything?
As long as it layouts the snapshots of your past and present work history, number of pages arent much of an issue.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
I sent a one page resume, it was fine. Really, it's meant more as a supplementary, supporting document more than anything else. Don't worry about it too much :)

aniketganoo

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Thanks all!! :)

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I built a version of my resume that was tuned to very closely match the NOC codes I was claiming. In my case, I tune my resume for pretty much every job I apply to, so I had no "standard" resume. Probably not a bad thing to do.

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Aragorn165 said:
I sent a one page resume, it was fine. Really, it's meant more as a supplementary, supporting document more than anything else. Don't worry about it too much :)
Hi, do the duties in the resume also need to match the NOC?

aniketganoo

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
robinsinghsobti said:
Hi, do the duties in the resume also need to match the NOC?
They should be close but not exactly (copy-paste) like they have specified on their site. Shouldn't look fake

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
CV must be translated by an official translator? or it can be make directly in English by myself?

janjakruso

Dec 23, 2023
For my resume, should I be including my internships and part time employment during my school years? These employments are not related to my NOC code which I got received notification of interest from Ontario.

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
sorry to chime in

can somebody answer this as well

Member of category
(1) An eligible foreign national is a member of the category established in section 2 if they are not a member of the class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of the Express Entry Instructions and if they meet the following requirements:

1. within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section;
  2. during that period of work experience they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
  3. during that period of work experience they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
(2) Despite subsection (1), an eligible foreign national is not a member of the category established in section 2 if the work experience described in paragraphs (1)(a) to (c) was not accumulated within the three-year period preceding the date the officer receives their application for permanent residence.

Question 1: As per point 1 does experience in STEM CATEGORY or HEALTHCARE CATEGORY need to be gained before any of these Categories were established??
Question 2: do our experience for category based draws need to be a PRIMARY OCCUPATION for FSW'S (i.e that will mean 1 year of continuous experience in the same NOC code not 6 months which is the requirement for category based draws)