+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restorer General Farm Inc, real or fake?

AMCatacutan

Jun 2, 2020
Hi. I am from the Philippines. I saw their website https://restorerstrawberries.com/ and found some vacancies, so I emailed them my application. I have sent them a copy of my resume, passport, nbi and others. I recently received a offer letter from them which needed my signature. It also comes with a blank LMIA form. After a while, i found this forum and found some threads which says they received email like mine but from different employers. What's alarming is that most are saying its fake. I haven't got to the point that they are requiring me to pay yet. I need some facts about it? Can anyone help? Thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Generally farm job offers are all fake especially if they offer any one of accommodation, flights or food.

Maybe share a copy the offer here with personal details removed given the offers generally all have the same format plus sending you a blank LMIA makes little sense given an LMIA is an employer responsibility not employee.

Unfortunate you already send copies documents and passport

Did this offer even mention the challenges with even travelling to Canada currently with COVID ?

AMCatacutan

Jun 2, 2020
The offer says that commencement of employment starts on September 28th of this year and be stationed at restorer general farms Toronto, ontario. Ill be reporting to Mrs Lucy Mayer which is the department head.
Entitled to 28 days of casual leave and 30 working days of paid sick leave. Holidays will be notified.
Clause 7 was the duties of for being a field supervisor
8 9 aand 11 is about company property, borrowing and accepting gifts, and confidentiality of information.
10 was for grounds for termination of contract.
Salary structure
Basic salary
House rent allowance
Medical allowance
Leave travel allowance
Additional benefits 0
Performance incentive
EI contribution
CPP contribution
Stock options 0
Transportation Allowance
Food coupons

AMCatacutan

Jun 2, 2020
About COVID, they sent me this

Thank you for contacting Restorer General Farms Inc.

We are pleased to inform all applicants that your Canada Work Visa Application has resumed processing. We will keep you updated shortly as regards the status of your application. Thank you for your patience during the Covid-19 crisis.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

Brandon A. Louis
Human Resource Department
For:
Restorer Genera l Farms Inc.

Reactions: olypompin

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

The offer says that commencement of employment starts on September 28th of this year and be stationed at restorer general farms Toronto, ontario. Ill be reporting to Mrs Lucy Mayer which is the department head.
Entitled to 28 days of casual leave and 30 working days of paid sick leave. Holidays will be notified.
Clause 7 was the duties of for being a field supervisor
8 9 aand 11 is about company property, borrowing and accepting gifts, and confidentiality of information.
10 was for grounds for termination of contract.
Salary structure
Basic salary
House rent allowance
Medical allowance
Leave travel allowance
Additional benefits 0
Performance incentive
EI contribution
CPP contribution
Stock options 0
Transportation Allowance
Food coupons
1. It is fake.
2. Sep 28th is pretty close to the start of winter in Canada, not much growing. No employer gives 28 days of casual leave and 30 days of sick leave, nor food coupons. Also no rent allowance, or transportation allowance. Don't waste your money.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

AMCatacutan

Jun 2, 2020
Hi

1. It is fake.
2. Sep 28th is pretty close to the start of winter in Canada, not much growing. No employer gives 28 days of casual leave and 30 days of sick leave, nor food coupons. Also no rent allowance, or transportation allowance. Don't waste your money.
Ohh. I see. This was a great advice. Luckily, they haven't yet demanded me to pay any money. I have sent them my documents though. Will it possibly cause me any trouble?

reggzttheory

Jun 17, 2020
is this thread open?
my brother also receive same job offer like you from restorer general farms.
upon completing to sign those documents they replied.

This is to confirm the receipt of a copy of your signed Employment Contract and the Application for a Work Permit [Form IMM1295E]. We will keep you updated as soon as your Labour Market Impact Assessment L.M.I.A and Visa Documents have been successfully processed/available.

However, Bear in mind that upon the release of your LMIA and other Visa Documents that will enable the implementation of your Work Visa Stamping. You will be required to pay for the shipment fee of the Original Copies of your LMIA and other Visa Documents.

i want to know that this offer is fake or legit,,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is this thread open?
my brother also receive same job offer like you from restorer general farms.
upon completing to sign those documents they replied.

This is to confirm the receipt of a copy of your signed Employment Contract and the Application for a Work Permit [Form IMM1295E]. We will keep you updated as soon as your Labour Market Impact Assessment L.M.I.A and Visa Documents have been successfully processed/available.

However, Bear in mind that upon the release of your LMIA and other Visa Documents that will enable the implementation of your Work Visa Stamping. You will be required to pay for the shipment fee of the Original Copies of your LMIA and other Visa Documents.

i want to know that this offer is fake or legit,,
It's a scam.

iamkuroma

Sep 10, 2020
Hello. Got an email (quoted below) from them asking for guarantor fee without even an interview or a job offer.

<QUOTE>
This is to inform you that all applicants in your category are strongly advised to submit their Guarantor Application Form and the payment deposit slip associated with it on the 16th of September 2020.

This enables the management to reserve a sponsor slot for such applicant(s). It is important you note that due to the present pandemic situation, the company has no capacity to sponsor all applicants.Once the company reaches the quota/limit of applicants designated for sponsorship.

We will not be accepting further payments and signed forms anymore from any applicant as we do not want to receive payments from any applicant without sponsoring their work visa application/travel expenses.
<UNQUOTE>

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. Got an email (quoted below) from them asking for guarantor fee without even an interview or a job offer.

<QUOTE>
This is to inform you that all applicants in your category are strongly advised to submit their Guarantor Application Form and the payment deposit slip associated with it on the 16th of September 2020.

This enables the management to reserve a sponsor slot for such applicant(s). It is important you note that due to the present pandemic situation, the company has no capacity to sponsor all applicants.Once the company reaches the quota/limit of applicants designated for sponsorship.

We will not be accepting further payments and signed forms anymore from any applicant as we do not want to receive payments from any applicant without sponsoring their work visa application/travel expenses.
<UNQUOTE>
It's fake and a scam.

Zephyr12

Apr 7, 2024
Hello! Given that this forum already started in 2020, I'd like to ask for any confirmation whether it is real or not. March of this year, I received Letter of Appointment with General Farmer as job offer in Greenland General Farms Canada, Inc. with the same scenarios just like the one posted above. Posted below is the content of the email I received:

Thank you for contacting Greenland General Farms Canada Inc.

Upon the completion of the Identity Confirmation procedure and the review being made on your submitted Academic Credentials/Resume. I am delighted to extend the news that you have been shortlisted amongst a pull of applicants and proffered an Appointment Letter to work with the Greenland Team Canada. Congratulations!!!
Therefore, we have attached a copy of your Appointment Letter to this email. You are required to append your signature where necessary and submit an accomplished copy to us as soon as you receive this message.
Upon the receipt, we shall commence with the processing of your Work Visa Application to Canada as a Temporary Foreign Work.

It is imperative to note that the duration of your Appointment lapses after two years renewable subject to the discretion of your employer or Head of Department.

Thank you for choosing to work with the Greenland General Farms Team.

Best Regards,

Debbie D. Morgan
(Human Resources Manager)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: foodie69

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello! Given that this forum already started in 2020, I'd like to ask for any confirmation whether it is real or not. March of this year, I received Letter of Appointment with a General Farmer as job offer in Greenland General Farms Canada, Inc. with the same scenarios just like the one posted above. Posted below is the content of the email I received:

Upon the completion of the Identity Confirmation procedure and the review being made on your submitted Academic Credentials/Resume. I am delighted to extend the news that you have been shortlisted amongst a pull of applicants and proffered an Appointment Letter to work with the Greenland Team Canada. Congratulations!!!
Therefore, we have attached a copy of your Appointment Letter to this email. You are required to append your signature where necessary and submit an accomplished copy to us as soon as you receive this message.
Upon the receipt, we shall commence with the processing of your Work Visa Application to Canada as a Temporary Foreign Work.

It is imperative to note that the duration of your Appointment lapses after two years renewable subject to the discretion of your employer or Head of Department.

Best Regards,

Debbie D. Morgan
Fake

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello! Given that this forum already started in 2020, I'd like to ask for any confirmation whether it is real or not. March of this year, I received Letter of Appointment with a General Farmer as job offer in Greenland General Farms Canada, Inc. with the same scenarios just like the one posted above. Posted below is the content of the email I received:

Best Regards,

Debbie D. Morgan
FAKE.