+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restore work permit with Eligibility CEC AOR

vic0923

Oct 1, 2013
Hi I have a question on OBWP.

I submitted my work permit application before its expired without AOR but provide a copy of my PR application.

I got my AOR a day right after my work permit expired, and the letter states that, they tried to email the letter to me but for some reason it was failed to deliver so they mail me the actual letter.

So, today I send CIC my AOR with explanation along with my restoration application ( In case they refuse mine ) and hopefully they will add it to my first application ( work permit extension ). However, I was told today that even with AOR I cannot restore my OBWP, I will need a LMO to restore it?

Please Help......

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
who told you that it cannot be restored? CIC?
If I were you, I would try to look for an immigration lawyer or professional ones right now...

vic0923

Oct 1, 2013
I've talked to different person from CIC and get different story every time. I have a lawyer for my PR application but then even I hire a new one what can they do about it? since i have already submitted all my application and documents. Two application, 1. work permit extension application, 2. work permit restoration in case the first one get refused.

Thanks

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
So you submitted two applications, one for a work permit without an AOR before your old permit expired, and another for a restoration with an AOR after it expired.

The first work permit has a good chance of being approved because when they check their system for a "positive eligibility assessment" it will show that they have sent you an AOR.

The restoration is unlikely to succeed because OB485A makes a definitive statement against it.

But presumably with the initial app being approved you won't need the restoration.

Source - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

vic0923

Oct 1, 2013
Thanks for the response. Yes I submitted two application one without AOR (work permit extension) before my old one expired and one with AOR (restoration) after its expired.

I've provided a copy of my PR application in first application and AOR with a explanation in the second one (hopefully they will open the package and add it to my first one) so you mean that CIC will check the system and see that I have received my AOR?

Therefore, if unfortunately they refuse my first application means i have no way to get it back since they will refuse my restoration as well? By then I will have no legal status staying here and have to leave the country once they refused my restoration?

One last question, nothing should effect my PR application right? Thank you for your time.