+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restore status to visitor..help plzzz...

Chaoworld

Sep 1, 2016
Hi, I would appreciate if anybody can help me with my case. As my app under express entry still processing...
I got refused for my pgwp extension because there is no Lima.
And got 90 days for restoration. I would like to restore it to visitor (no way to get Lima )
So, my questions are:
1. What is the chance to get approved for my app to visitor (how much fund to show)?
2. How long does the process take? (I'm legal to stay in Canada in the meantime?)
3. How long they usually give you to stay as visitor?
3. What if I get approved, can I leave Canada and come back within the date that my visitor visa still available? I'm from non visa exempt country.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestion...

mcu257

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2016
Nomination.....
19-Jun-2015
AOR Received.
03-Nov-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2016
LANDED..........
04-Nov-2016
First of all, since you have an EE application being processed, you will need to get a status, in order for your EE application to continue processing.

1. My wife was in a similar situation, that's, she had her work permit application refused, and lost her status in the process. She applied for restoration to a visitor and got approved. Funds we provided was approximately $9k. Do you have an AOR for the EE application? It would facilitate your approval rate if you got AOR. So, include the AOR, as well as an explanation letter, detailing how you got to lose your status, and why you would need to remain in status in order for your ongoing EE application to be processed. Also, in your explanatory letter, provide proof that you have since the rejection stopped working, to show you are abiding by the Law

2. Processing time for visitor visa extension/restoration is 115 days, according to CIC website, though it took my wife's own four months!

3. Since EE applications take approximately 6 months to be processed, you are most likely going to get extension up to around the time they would expect a final decision to be made on your EE

4. Once your application for restoration is approved, and depending on if you have multiple entry visa, you can leave the country anytime and come in. A single entry wont permit you so though.

Hope this helps.

Chaoworld

Sep 1, 2016
Thanks for your reply
So restoration to visitor visa is same as temporary resident visa as visitor right?
How can I apply for single or multiple entry?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Chaoworld said:
So restoration to visitor visa is same as temporary resident visa as visitor right?
How can I apply for single or multiple entry?
No, they are not the same. You really need to actually look at the applications and information on the website and understand what you need to do.

A TRV allows a person to board a commercial carrier to Canada; it has nothing to do with status. If you want to apply for a TRV, you need to wait until you once again have status or until you have left Canada.

Chaoworld

Sep 1, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
No, they are not the same. You really need to actually look at the applications and information on the website and understand what you need to do.

A TRV allows a person to board a commercial carrier to Canada; it has nothing to do with status. If you want to apply for a TRV, you need to wait until you once again have status or until you have left Canada.
I just wanna make sure that I can travel outside Canada and come back with restoration my status to visitor right? You mean the application form will have a choice for me to choose single or multiple entry?
Thanks in advance..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Chaoworld said:
I just wanna make sure that I can travel outside Canada and come back with restoration my status to visitor right? You mean the application form will have a choice for me to choose single or multiple entry?
Thanks in advance..
Visitor status ends when a person leaves Canada. There is no guarantee that you will be allowed re-entry.

IRCC decides whether to issue a single or multiple entry TRV.

chautrach

May 15, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Visitor status ends when a person leaves Canada. There is no guarantee that you will be allowed re-entry.

IRCC decides whether to issue a single or multiple entry TRV.
So you mean we can't leave and come back within an available date that restoration visa is issued? (6 months for example) I wanna go back home for few weeks and come back here with restoration visitor visa..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chautrach said:
So you mean we can't leave and come back within an available date that restoration visa is issued? (6 months for example) I wanna go back home for few weeks and come back here with restoration visitor visa..
There is no such thing as a "restoration visitor visa".

If your status is restored as a visitor and you leave Canada, your status ends. If you have a valid TRV, you can travel back to Canada but their is no guarantee you will be allowed re-entry.

Chaoworld

Sep 1, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no such thing as a "restoration visitor visa".

If your status is restored as a visitor and you leave Canada, your status ends. If you have a valid TRV, you can travel back to Canada but their is no guarantee you will be allowed re-entry.
Hi, canuck
So I guess I'll be leaving Canada, there is no point to restore to visitor as staying here without working...
I'm from non visa exempt country, I wonder if I'm lucky to get ita or even pr while in my country, do I need to apply TRV to come back Canada? Or what way is easy to come back?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Chaoworld said:
Hi, canuck
So I guess I'll be leaving Canada, there is no point to restore to visitor as staying here without working...
I'm from non visa exempt country, I wonder if I'm lucky to get ita or even pr while in my country, do I need to apply TRV to come back Canada? Or what way is easy to come back?
If you come before your PR app is approved, you will need a TRV.

Otherwise, when your PR app is approved, you will send your passport and recieve a visa.

Chaoworld

Sep 1, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
If you come before your PR app is approved, you will need a TRV.

Otherwise, when your PR app is approved, you will send your passport and recieve a visa.
Thanks for your quick reply
Where is my passport sent to bro?