+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restore status and Spouse OWP with PR sponsorship application

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hello guys,

My spouse is waiting for her PR sponsored(Jan 24, 2019) by me and she is living past her work permit expiry date which is Dec 22, 2019. She is yet to receive her PR. (AIP not received yet)

Earlier we applied ONLINE for open work permit in November 2019 but today we were told that she is not eligible for online application but should have applied paper :( So we have been asked to pay restoration status fee and send work permit application as PAPER.

P.S: She is currently working and so we provided the Employment letter and the CSQ(provincial nomination)

1) Can you guys please tell me if there is any specific application form that I need to include for the restoration of status as worker?
2) And in IMM5710 line 7, I dont know what to put as current "status" and the "From" "To" date

Your help will be much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys,

My spouse is waiting for her PR sponsored(Jan 24, 2019) by me and she is living past her work permit expiry date which is Dec 22, 2019. She is yet to receive her PR. (AIP not received yet)

Earlier we applied ONLINE for open work permit in November 2019 but today we were told that she is not eligible for online application but should have applied paper :( So we have been asked to pay restoration status fee and send work permit application as PAPER.

P.S: She is currently working and so we provided the Employment letter and the CSQ(provincial nomination)

1) Can you guys please tell me if there is any specific application form that I need to include for the restoration of status as worker?
2) And in IMM5710 line 7, I dont know what to put as current "status" and the "From" "To" date

Your help will be much appreciated.
She needs to stop working immediately. She has no status and if she continues working, she will be working illegally.

1. There is no individual form for Restoration. It is a part of the IMM5710 form.

2. Out of status. Put the date she lost status and the date of signing the app.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
She needs to stop working immediately. She has no status and if she continues working, she will be working illegally.

1. There is no individual form for Restoration. It is a part of the IMM5710 form.

2. Out of status. Put the date she lost status and the date of signing the app.

Thanks for you reply. But she has already applied for the work permit(even though its not the right way to apply) before her status expired so technically isn't she on implied status until a decision is made?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for you reply. But she has already applied for the work permit(even though its not the right way to apply) before her status expired so technically isn't she on implied status until a decision is made?
You stated you were told she was not eligible and has been told to apply for Restoration, which indicates a refusal by IRCC, which would mean she is out of status. Or are you repeating what a random person has told you? It is important to be clear.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
You stated you were told she was not eligible and has been told to apply for Restoration, which indicates a refusal by IRCC, which would mean she is out of status. Or are you repeating what a random person has told you? It is important to be clear.
Sorry we called IRCC customer care and were told in call. We dont have a decision yet on our work permit application. Expecting it around 2nd week of February according to the timeline given.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Currently she is on implied status until the decision is made and is working. We are also thinking to send the restoration + OWP for spouse PR sponsorship by mail (will take 4 months to get an answer). So if the decision on first work permit application comes negative then she will stop working.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Currently she is on implied status until the decision is made and is working. We are also thinking to send the restoration + OWP for spouse PR sponsorship by mail (will take 4 months to get an answer). So if the decision on first work permit application comes negative then she will stop working.
She can't apply for Restoration while she still has valid status. She would need to wait for the actual refusal.