+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restore my status

Davidone

May 3, 2020
Hello there,

I just applied for a restoration of my visa as visitor. Was wondering if, since I have an approved work permit under IEC should I have restored as worker instead? If yes, can I send a new restoration?

Queen-2020

May 3, 2020
You can call them to find out. Since you already applied. They are in a better position to tell you if you can reapply under work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello there,

I just applied for a restoration of my visa as visitor. Was wondering if, since I have an approved work permit under IEC should I have restored as worker instead? If yes, can I send a new restoration?
Assuming you mean that you were approved for an IEC permit but have not yet activated it, no, you can't apply for Restoration as a worker. You cannot activate an IEC permit from within Canada. You need to actually leave the country and re-enter to activate it.

Davidone

May 3, 2020
That is what I thought. I think I was misled by calling them, the agent said you need to restore the application and apply for a work permit so you can use it to validate the IEC work permit. Didn't sound quite clear. So I sent the application to restore as a visitor since my previous status was a visitor.

Thank you @canuck_in_uk and @Queen-2020 for your help.