+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration

Lynksemma

Aug 6, 2021
hello everyone

I applied for a Post Graduate work permit June 2020, I received 1 year work permit due to expiring date on my passport. I was unable to get my passport renewed because of COVID 19, embassy was shutdown.I received a new passport July 12 2021, unfortunately my work permit already expired, applied for an extension but my application was returned because I’m required to pay for restoration and pay for a new work permit.
My questions are as follows:

1. Do I need a representative to apply for restoration ?

2. How many years will I get after my restoration is approved ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello everyone

I applied for a Post Graduate work permit June 2020, I received 1 year work permit due to expiring date on my passport. I was unable to get my passport renewed because of COVID 19, embassy was shutdown.I received a new passport July 12 2021, unfortunately my work permit already expired, applied for an extension but my application was returned because I’m required to pay for restoration and pay for a new work permit.
My questions are as follows:

1. Do I need a representative to apply for restoration ?

2. How many years will I get after my restoration is approved ?
1. Up to you. You can do it yourself.
2. How many years where you expected to get.

What is your status now?

Lynksemma

Aug 6, 2021
1. Up to you. You can do it yourself.
2. How many years where you expected to get.

What is your status now?
Expected to get 3 years work permit. I spoke with an agent today to ask for a update on my application because I applied for an extension he explained that my application was sent back because I didn’t include payment for restoration, that I should applied for a status restoration.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Expected to get 3 years work permit. I spoke with an agent today to ask for a update on my application because I applied for an extension he explained that my application was sent back because I didn’t include payment for restoration, that I should applied for a status restoration.
Normally you would lose the time when your pgwp expired and you hadn’t applied for a new PGWP when you renewed your passport but there may be exceptions due to covid. Would make sure to explain what happened with your passport renewal and show that you did apply for the passport renewal a significant time in advance but due to covid processing times significantly longer than even a very cautious person could have anticipated.

Lynksemma

Aug 6, 2021
Normally you would lose the time when your pgwp expired and you hadn’t applied for a new PGWP when you renewed your passport but there may be exceptions due to covid. Would make sure to explain what happened with your passport renewal and show that you did apply for the passport renewal a significant time in advance but due to covid processing times significantly longer than even a very cautious person could have anticipated.
Thank you for your reply.

sassysasis

Dec 21, 2017
Thank you for your reply.
Hi, I just want to ask if you were able to get your approval for restoration and how many years did they put on your extension validity? I am in the same situation. I failed to renew my pgwp on time due to my passport renewal delays.

ssharma2

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Folks
One of family member who is on Visitor visa has lost status (visa got expired). We are now applying for restoration, my question is do we need to apply for restoration as well Visa extension application at the same time? Or apply restoration only

sassysasis

Dec 21, 2017
Hi, I just want to ask if you were able to get your approval for restoration and how many years did they put on your extension validity? I am in the same situation. I failed to renew my pgwp on time due to my passport renewal delays.
Hi Folks
One of family member who is on Visitor visa has lost status (visa got expired). We are now applying for restoration, my question is do we need to apply for restoration as well Visa extension application at the same time? Or apply restoration only
you have to apply for restoration and visa extension at the same time