+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration rejected,PR in process,should I leave

sid.seth

Jul 26, 2015
thought abt applying trv ,but does nt seems to be set,neways all set to move back but hoping this wont effect my pr application plus is it possible that if i shift to india and they email my medical can i complete everything for there ??

and abt goin US,nothing guranteed that whether they will give me tourist visa on arrival or not ,

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
OhWow said:
Can't you just fly to the US and come back? Then you get a 3 months visitor visa / stamp in your passport.
It's ridiculous to ask somebody to leave the country when you have all your registrations here, an apartment, a car, furniture, etc. ... Moving all of this just for a few weeks is additional stress, loss of money, etc. nobody needs. I wish, implied status would also exist until you get your PR, it would make a lot more sense. Even if it was just implied visitor status without the permission to work.
It is ridiculous, it's another money grab imo like IELTS where they make people from English speaking countries prove they speak their native language.
My bridging visa was refused and the CIC call center advised me to apply for restoration of status so I did but that was also rejected and the reasons given made no sense. Apparently an immigration officer considered the following.
1. Ties to country of residence and reason for requesting to restore status (I had no ties to my original country, family , job, car , friends , life all in Canada and I needed status to stay in Canada whilst my PR was processed)
2. Original reason for entering Canada (on a student permit, perfectly legitimate)
3. Financial means to support living during the extended stay (I lived at home with my Canadian parents and had savings, also they never asked to see evidence of my finances)
4. Travel documents ( I assume they mean my passport that's the only document I need to travel from the UK and my passport was new)
5. Probability of leaving Canada at end of authorized stay (I had applied and paid for all the permits necessary following their rules and ultimately I did leave Canada at the end of my authorized stay)

Hopefully you can figure out a way to stay in Canada, but in my experience you just have to leave.

sid.seth

Jul 26, 2015
So@Mikee21, so it happened with you too ,if yes did you managed to get the pr and come back as landed immi or u got the way to stay in canada>?

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Mikee21 said:
It is ridiculous, it's another money grab imo like IELTS where they make people from English speaking countries prove they speak their native language.
My bridging visa was refused and the CIC call center advised me to apply for restoration of status so I did but that was also rejected and the reasons given made no sense. Apparently an immigration officer considered the following.
1. Ties to country of residence and reason for requesting to restore status (I had no ties to my original country, family , job, car , friends , life all in Canada and I needed status to stay in Canada whilst my PR was processed)
2. Original reason for entering Canada (on a student permit, perfectly legitimate)
3. Financial means to support living during the extended stay (I lived at home with my Canadian parents and had savings, also they never asked to see evidence of my finances)
4. Travel documents ( I assume they mean my passport that's the only document I need to travel from the UK and my passport was new)
5. Probability of leaving Canada at end of authorized stay (I had applied and paid for all the permits necessary following their rules and ultimately I did leave Canada at the end of my authorized stay)

Hopefully you can figure out a way to stay in Canada, but in my experience you just have to leave.
Whats the reason they reject your BOWP and restoration?

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
sid.seth said:
So@Mikee21, so it happened with you too ,if yes did you managed to get the pr and come back as landed immi or u got the way to stay in canada>?
No I had to leave Canada 2 years ago, I'm still waiting for PR

mandeep13

Oct 31, 2015
Hi

I also applied for restoration of workpermit.
What is the processing time for restoration of work permit.

Thanks.

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
heroforest said:
Whats the reason they reject your BOWP and restoration?
I'm not really sure why the BOWP was rejected, probably because my PR application did not have AOR when I applied for it, I didn't know any better at the time and I did exactly what I was told to do by CIC call center; they said submit your application for PR and once we receive it apply for BOWP. Also I thought I could apply to extend a work permit, the CIC website at the time said you can apply to extend a WP if you intend to live and work in Canada permanently. Actually it still does say that on the CIC website now, but I had a post graduate work permit which apparently according to CIC can not be extended, contrary to what is printed on the back of said work permit that says "If you wish to extend your stay in Canada as a temporary resident (visitor, worker or student ) you must complete an application form"

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
mandeep13 said:
Hi

I also applied for restoration of workpermit.
What is the processing time for restoration of work permit.

Thanks.
It took them about 3 months to write back to me with the rejection notice. I really hope you get a more positive result but my advise would be hope for the best and plan for the worst , start looking into jobs in your home country just in case.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Mikee21 said:
It took them about 3 months to write back to me with the rejection notice. I really hope you get a more positive result but my advise would be hope for the best and plan for the worst , start looking into jobs in your home country just in case.
feel sorry for you, this is stupid. CIC call centre sucks

mandeep13

Oct 31, 2015
Is there any one who got work permit back after applying in restoration time?
And any reason for refusal of restoration?

Thanks.

mo.hs

Jan 6, 2015
sid.seth said:
thought abt applying trv ,but does nt seems to be set,neways all set to move back but hoping this wont effect my pr application plus is it possible that if i shift to india and they email my medical can i complete everything for there ??

and abt goin US,nothing guranteed that whether they will give me tourist visa on arrival or not

Hey did, my case was more complicated than yours. I did end up leaving Canada on 27th Jan after I exceeded my restoration period. Anyways, now I found out about this immigration lawyer I met with today, I recommend you to have a word with him http://immigrationteacher.org/
He seems quite a person tbh. Good luck. Tough times ahead

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sid.seth said:
hey you never informed what was the rejection reason. what did your rejection letter say exactly ?

were there different reasons for rejection of BOWP and restoration status ?

just paying less fees does not make sense and i don't think you can even submit an online application with less fees (application number won't be generated i think)

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
Pearl1 said:
hey you never informed what was the rejection reason. what did your rejection letter say exactly ?

were there different reasons for rejection of BOWP and restoration status ?

just paying less fees does not make sense and i don't think you can even submit an online application with less fees (application number won't be generated i think)
My boyfriends BOWP got rejected back in June for not paying the correct amount in fees as well....They refused it and sent it back to him. He had to stop working immediately and hasn't been able to work since. He applied for restoration of worker status in October and is waiting for a decision still.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
My boyfriends BOWP got rejected back in June for not paying the correct amount in fees as well....They refused it and sent it back to him. He had to stop working immediately and hasn't been able to work since. He applied for restoration of worker status in October and is waiting for a decision still.
wow... was it an online application or paper one ?