+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration Refused

May 9, 2013
Hello,

My work permit was expired on Jan 28th 2019. On 24th Jan 2019 I have applied to my work permit extension(IMm5710) paper based but I paid wrong fees(paid $355). I sent this application thru Canada Post. Few days later on Feb 4th 2019, Canada Post made a mistake, insted sending my application to IRCC they sent it to my address. When I called them for explanation, Canada post accepted that it was their mistake and gave me a letter accepting their fault. I have attached that letter and present the Application. IRCC received my application on Feb 8th 2019 by that time my work permit was already expired. I tried calling COC to know what arr my options. They asked me to wait until I hear back from the officer. On April 20th I submitted my PR Application and I received AOR. On May 14th, 2019 I received an email from IRCC to pay balance $100 for my work permit Application and Restoration by 20th May 2019. I paid with in the time frame. On June 6th 2019 I received another email from IRCC saying my Application was Refused.

I don't know what went wrong. Can anyone suggest me what are my options?

Thank you
Abhimanyu

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Unfortunately, your options are pretty limited. As you no longer have a valid work permit you are no longer permitted to work. You have to stop working immediately and leave the country.

In fact, I don't even think you were on implied status at all since your first application wasn't submitted in time. Yes, Canada Post may have made a mistake, but IRCC doesn't consider that. It's your responsibility to correctly submit the application in time.

Since more than 90 days passed since you lost status, your restoration application was correctly denied.

You should plan to leave Canada and come back in a few months as a PR.