+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration!!! R10 has passed, can I restore for a work permit?

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

As you might have seen my precious posts, that I just got declined for a work permit extension ( although I got AOR in Jan 2016), now it has been confirmed that I passed the R10 ( told by a very nice lady at the call centre), at this point, I am just wondering if I apply for restoration, can I still get a Bridge Open work permit? No LMIA, No PNP, just confirmed R10 check done for EE invited applicant.

If you know the answer or have already got one, please leave a comment. You have no idea how much your feedback will help me :)

Thanks!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please post your timeline? It would help those of us who have recently submitted our applications.

Also did you just randomly call up CIC to find out if you passed R10 or was there and indicator that initial review was complete?

Appreciate your help as this would really help me after submitting earlier this week.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I remember rightly your work permit has expired and you were on implied status? If that's right then you are not able to get a bowp. your permit needs to be valid when you apply for it. you can only get onto visitor status now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
daomingli said:
Hi Guys,

As you might have seen my precious posts, that I just got declined for a work permit extension ( although I got AOR in Jan 2016), now it has been confirmed that I passed the R10 ( told by a very nice lady at the call centre), at this point, I am just wondering if I apply for restoration, can I still get a Bridge Open work permit? No LMIA, No PNP, just confirmed R10 check done for EE invited applicant.

If you know the answer or have already got one, please leave a comment. You have no idea how much your feedback will help me :)

Thanks!
If you still have a valid work permit (which I don't believe you do) - then you can apply for a BOWP. If you no longer hold a valid work permit, then you're out of luck and will have to restore your status to visitor and forget about working.

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
daomingli said:
thank you very much for your concern, yes, i stopped my employment right away. however right now i am just trying to figure out why they rejected me:

2015 Oct: i submitted work permit extension application;
Nov: my 3-yr post graduation work permit officially expired;
2016 Jan: ITA and AOR, no LMIA, no PNP;
2016 Feb 1: my BOWP got rejected, on the rejection letter, it says: you have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for bridging open work permit because positive eligibility assessment on your APR is not passed yet.

so i am highly confused, which is the reason they rejected me:
1) when I applied, i was not invited by EE yet?
2) the officer did not know that i am currently invited?? ---- i did not add the fact that i am invited by EE on my submitted BOWP; and the department work on BOWP application has no access to see I am invited by EE
3) the BOWP officer did see that I got invited however I havent passed yet, what they might refer to as R10, so they decided to reject me?

in Chinese Immigration forum, one person said restoration can actually get the BOWP back, but then he did not any of my question further. I am just wondering does anyone here know about this situation, thanks my friends!
Above is his timeline. But looks like he can only apply for restoration as visitor at this point.

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
daomingli said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
I applied for restoration of work permit in sept 2015 and I had AOR August 28th from express entry. My PR Application got approved before they could process my work permit application.. I'm going to do my landing today. Hope everything goes well..

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
daomingli said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
It's more than 6 months processing time for restoration of status. If u want u can try to appeal ur case. That will be faster and u can get back to work faster..

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
ram_van said:
It's more than 6 months processing time for restoration of status. If u want u can try to appeal ur case. That will be faster and u can get back to work faster..
it is so sad for us stuck into such a situation... yes, i am still thinking if its worth it, to pay a lot of money to restore for a visitor record and a work permit/ TRV.....especially it takes that long. When you say " appearl" do you mean that i should hire an immigration lawyer???? How fast can it be if i do hire one?

Thanks! Your feedback is really important for me to make my own decision!!! :) I am really happy for you that at least your PR thing went very smooth!!!!

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey
I am in situation, I don't know about R10 but i am on implied status from 2 months and I applied for work permit extension before my work permit got expired and CIC told me to wait till March for work permit or extension, from November they are saying they are reviewing my application. I got AOR on 19 Jan
Don't know what to do..

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
cheire said:
Hey
I am in situation, I don't know about R10 but i am on implied status from 2 months and I applied for work permit extension before my work permit got expired and CIC told me to wait till March for work permit or extension, from November they are saying they are reviewing my application. I got AOR on 19 Jan
Don't know what to do..
what??? they told you to wait?? how??? they told you to wait till March while they were reviewing your application for the BOWP???????? more details please

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
daomingli said:
what??? they told you to wait?? how??? they told you to wait till March while they were reviewing your application for the BOWP???????? more details please
My work permit expired in 12 DEc 2015 before that in JKuly i applied for extension. And i got my PNP on 4 dec.
I sent my documents to CIC PNP certificate and PNP support letter for work permit and i called them several time everytime they said they are reviewing my application. In Jan they said to me for wait till March. I don't know what to do, i am on implied status and got AOR in JAN,
I asked them can i apply for BOWP, they said you have already applied for extension it's same thing , you don't have to apply for BOWP just wait till march and if don't get anything till march end then call us..

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
daomingli said:
it is so sad for us stuck into such a situation... yes, i am still thinking if its worth it, to pay a lot of money to restore for a visitor record and a work permit/ TRV.....especially it takes that long. When you say " appearl" do you mean that i should hire an immigration lawyer???? How fast can it be if i do hire one?

Thanks! Your feedback is really important for me to make my own decision!!! :) I am really happy for you that at least your PR thing went very smooth!!!!
you don't have to hire any lawyer. You can send them CSE letter of explanation about ur situation and request them to reconsider ur application.

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
cheire said:
My work permit expired in 12 DEc 2015 before that in JKuly i applied for extension. And i got my PNP on 4 dec.
I sent my documents to CIC PNP certificate and PNP support letter for work permit and i called them several time everytime they said they are reviewing my application. In Jan they said to me for wait till March. I don't know what to do, i am on implied status and got AOR in JAN,
I asked them can i apply for BOWP, they said you have already applied for extension it's same thing , you don't have to apply for BOWP just wait till march and if don't get anything till march end then call us..
if u r on implied status ,u can atleast continue working. And since u already forwarded them work permit support letter u shouldn't have any problem getting ur work permit extended , only if it is not BOWP.
If u applied for BOWP ,it will get rejected unless ur R10 is complete.
All the best.

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
ram_van said:
you don't have to hire any lawyer. You can send them CSE letter of explanation about ur situation and request them to reconsider ur application.
the call centre people that i talked to, said there is no appeal for such kind of applications...... i am not sure if CSE letters included in such form of APPEAL. Have you ever done CSE letters? How long does it normally take to get a response?

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
daomingli said:
the call centre people that i talked to, said there is no appeal for such kind of applications...... i am not sure if CSE letters included in such form of APPEAL. Have you ever done CSE letters? How long does it normally take to get a response?
I never did it, but someone I know ,did it. It was long back though. So I'm not sure that is still possible .
May be u can ask a consultant or someone . If it can be done, it will save u lots of hard ache .