+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Temporary Resident Status

dondon1978

Oct 20, 2012
Hi Dear, Is there anyone who can answer my question about my status?

I have a question regarding to my application for bridging work permit. I had received a returned document from CIC last June 8 and this document had been submitted last April 20-Application bridging work permit. On June 8 this document was returned to me with the letter stated " that the Restoration fee and correct payment for Work Permit fee should be included to the documents in order them to process it". This time, the reason why I did not include a restoration fee was that because I am still on my implied status yet. My work permit was expired April 03.

However, that time before I submitted this document I had only enclosed my payment receipts for open permit of $100 and Compliance fee of $230. My mistake was I just only paid $100 instead of $155 for close work permit fee ( as I thought it was for open permit).

Moreover, when I received this returned document last June 08, I then submitted my Application for Restoration of Temporary Resident Status on June 09 . With this Restoration documents I submitted are enclosed complete payment receipts for Restoration fee $200, Work permit $155, Employer Compliance fee $230, and even for Open permit $100 this time around.

My question is since, I have submitted my application for Restoration of Temporary Resident Status with complete payments Do I need to resubmit the return documents for application bridging work permit while I have Restoration processed?

Please guide me. Thank you

Ron

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately you can't reapply for the BOWP at this time. To apply for a BOWP, you must be holding a valid work permit (you can't be on implied status and can't be in a restoration period). It sounds like you have applied to restore your status to a TRV (i.e. visitor). If you later want to apply for a BOWP, you'll first have to obtain a valid work permit again (likely through an LMIA). You unfortunately can't apply for a BOWP while just holding a TRV.

Just to clarify, am I right in understanding that you submitted the BOWP on April 20 - but your work permit expired on April 3? If so, it makes sense that your BOWP was refused since you must have a valid work permit at the time you apply for a BOWP and yours had already expired.

dondon1978

Oct 20, 2012
By the time I have submitted my application for bridging permit It was on implied status yet, but it was returned to me the document last June 8 and doesn't say on a letter that they refuse it. Only that I need to comply a complete payment and resend the application again with its correct payment. I resend the application through with restoration because it was out of implied status already when the cic decision made.
Do you think guys should I have to submit Bridging work permit again? the letter says comply the complete documents and payment within 90 days of my restoration.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Again, unfortunately there is no point resubmitting your BOWP application. It will only be processed if you have a valid work permit at the time the BOWP application is received. When an application is returned - it's treated like CIC never received it and the original date you submitted the BOWP is not locked in. If you submit the BOWP application now, you will be submitting it while you are on restoration and it won't be approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dondon1978 said:
Is there any possible action to do to save my status? thanks
If your restoration application is successful then you will have temporary visitor status in Canada - however you won't be able to work.

If you want to be able to work again, you'll need to find an employer who is willing to go through the LMIA process so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

dondon1978

Oct 20, 2012
I expecting my restoration will be lapsed on Sept 05, 2015. Do you think the process of LMIA will take enough time before my restoration get expired??? I heard LMIA takes a long wait than it says only a week. Thank you